• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games of 2011
Generals I doubt, they finished that series off for good. It'd be either a precursor to the Tiberium Wars or a new RA. Either way they're making one. inFamous won't get pushed back, and neither will LotR. COD got devastated so nobody's hyping this one up so it's likely that either it will be over-hyped at this years E3 or it'll just die. Either way, more publishers are going to be releasing for xmas and before.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
I don't know, I've never played Generals or Tiberium Sun. There's no chance they could do a precursor to the Tiberium Wars as NOD formed around the idea that Tiberium was an alien force that was all wonderous etc, and RA3 was a shitty reboot, RA2 ended the series nicely, but RA3 brought it back (badly) using time travel -_-

Unless of course they're going to create a new spinoff, I can't wait for EA's genius creative division to dream something up </sarcasm>

And you don't know how buggy the games will be at that point, that's the main reason for games being pushed back, they may aim for Christmas 2011 but end up releasing in Q1 2012 like most christmas-planned games do... Apart from Activision, they just release games while they're still in Alpha, they don't care as long as it makes it's release deadline.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Don't be so idiotic, the reason the majority of games have been pushed back around Christmas is because CoD would steal the sells.
Generals was pretty formidable, but actual mechanics wise it was pants. The teams were massively unbalanced and online was basically Zerg-rushing with the Taliban. Tiberium Sun was epic, good ol' Westwood studios, so they might want to revive that. Seeing as Kane is 100 years old they might go for when he was still a cold-war general rather than leader of NOD.
RA2 experimented with time travel as well, don't forget that.
Actually time travel's been around since Red Alert 1, but that's less time travel and more distorting the space-time continuum to transport units across the battlefield. I don't know the theory, I never did physics after GCSE level.

Maybe this incarnation of generals will have fixed that stupid rushing? Iirc Generals was the first thing EA released in the series without the Westwood name so they could have learned a few things (though from the inclusion of the Scrin in C&C3 I can't see that)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Yeah, I was pointing out that time-travel was still used. And no, the rushing can't be fixed because it was what made that faction that faction. Ever tried not rushing with Zergs? It's impossible to win.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of A1 and A2 categorised 125cc motorbikes - 2010 / 2011 DSA Mark 0 7,546 12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Mark
  RIP Steve Jobs (1955-2011) Mark 19 36,664 13-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Mr. President