• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SharkLAN 1.42 - Postponed
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

[spoiler]We may have sponsors coming to the event. It's unconfirmed but this means you'll be able to buy food and drink at the venue.

A floorplan is to be announced, we'll set Xbox gamers away from PC gamers as no doubt flaming will happen.

Early bird tickets are £20 or regular tickets are £25, Early bird tickets are available until Monday 7th February 2011 at 6pm and are available from Drumm on this forum or the Owestry branch of Totally Games.

The venue opens at 10am Saturday February 26th 2011 and closes 1pm Sunday February 27th 2011. The event actually lasts from midday to midday, the rest of the time for clearing up.

The games list is the one in the games list thread, You don't need all of the games but we recommend at least 8 off the list for PC and at least 5 for Xbox.

Rules and disclaimers for SharkLAN 1.42 are as follows:

Quote:There are currently 77 PC places and 15 Xbox places, we may increase or decrease these numbers at our discretion.

Your ticket is valid for entry and gameplay. If you lose your ticket you lose the right of entry to the event.

We may remove you from the event at our discretion at any time with no refund. Reasons include (but are not limited to) cheating, excessive abuse, assaulting other players (and members of staff) without good reason or tampering with the network you will be asked to leave the venue.

Bring your own console/computer, monitor/TV, accessories and 4-6 way gang leads. We will provide the ethernet cables for the LAN.

No speakers. If you're gaming and you can hear the person next to you's game it gets a hell of a lot harder, so headphones and headsets only (though amplifiers are fine if connected to a headset).

We at SharkLAN and mcompute accept no responsibility for damage, loss, injury or death at the SharkLAN events. If you trip over a wire it's your own fault for not looking where you're going.

I will be on the door and providing security, and I have a crowbar for self defence so if you come in looking for trouble I guarantee you'll get it, just a fair warning.[/spoiler]
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
That's a day after I get my braces off! :o
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Congrats :p
As you do...
I have a crowbar too. What you gonna do when I steal all the packets and attack you with a crowbar of my own :tongue

On a more serious note- You forgot food again.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Quote:The venue opens at 10am Saturday February 26th 2011 and closes 2pm Sunday February 26th 2011.
You mean Sunday 27th?

Quote:There are currently 80 PC places and 14 Xbox places, we may increase or decrease these numbers at our discretion.
There aren't 80 PC places. The switch has 10 blades with 8 ports per blade, 3 of those ports are taken for servers and other gear of the set up. There are 77 places.
Also xbox isn't final, there's no way I can get more gear there, I don't even know how I'm getting the switch that weighs more than you there!

Quote:or tampering with the network you will be asked to leave the venue.
I don't advise anyone try anything on the network. *Looks over at my Python scripts*

Quote:We will provide the ethernet cables for the LAN.
RJ45 cables are provided but it's always good to have a spare!

Quote:I have a crowbar too. What you gonna do when I steal all the packets and attack you with a crowbar of my own.
Steal my packets? Sad

Edit: Also, why 1.42 for the name?
(02-02-2011, 07:50 PM)Mark Wrote:
Quote:The venue opens at 10am Saturday February 26th 2011 and closes 2pm Sunday February 26th 2011.
You mean Sunday 27th?
I said 27th, go look.

Quote:Edit: Also, why 1.42 for the name?

If I told you I'd have to kill you
As you do...
I know why its .42..
@PerryThePerson

Twitter? U MAD
But you're not coming Chris so all is good
As you do...
I'm going to now..I just hopped on the plane..right..about..now!

I has 4 stars now! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
@PerryThePerson

Twitter? U MAD
Wow, Chris, that's your 500th post 0.o
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SharkLAN - what you will need bigsharn 22 41,612 09-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Last Post: T3hRogue
  SharkLAN Games list bigsharn 3 9,039 04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Last Post: bigsharn
  SharkLAN 0.1 summary bigsharn 0 4,916 26-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bigsharn