• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SharkLAN - what you will need
Well, our first SharkLAN is less than a month away so people will be wondering exactly what they need.

Quote:You need to bring:

Your ticket
Your computer/console
Your monitor/TV
Your Keyboard/mouse/controller/steering wheel
Your games, CDs and codes

*Edit, do NOT bring a gang lead, we're providing them because of how the venue is laid out*

Quote:You need to know:
That by buying the tickets you are aware of the disclaimer and rules here.

You should bring more than one game from the list. Playing one game for 24 hours straight gets boring so bring a variety of games.

We can't guarantee 100% uptime (as much as Mark's good with a network he's not a miracle worker), so bring some games you can play offline (like Stepmania, which we're actually holding a competition for).

As much as I aren't your mother, bring some fruit or similar. 24 hours eating nothing but crap wreaks havoc on your guts. It's not a pretty thing to think about, but trust me you'll be glad you did.

Hundreds have tried staying up for an entire LAN and hundreds have failed. Bring a pillow just in case.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
LOL, Pillow for a LAN. You make me laugh, Sharn. Who actually needs that?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Jamie: You coming to 1.42 ? Just outta interest.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(02-02-2011, 10:31 PM)bigsharn Wrote: We can't guarantee 100% uptime (as much as Mark's good with a network he's not a miracle worker), so bring some games you can play offline

It doesn't take a miracle worker to keep a LAN up and running. If he can't regulate a self contained network he has no hope of ever doing any kind of work when you add internet access into the mix. I am willing to bet that Mark will handle the network with no issues. The only thing you have to watch out for is if someone brings an infected box into the party. I have been to LAN parties where all of us end up trying to break into everybody else's computer as opposed to playing games, but if someone walks around checking on everybody (or you have software monitoring network activity) it shouldn't be an issue. I am curious though as to expected attendance and what gear and configuration strategy Mark has planned.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I'm sure if you ask him nicely enough he'll give you a list of the current net hardware. I'm still waiting on him speccing me a router box that'll handle the network (So far he's given me "3 Gigabit PCI cards") so don't hold your breath for that.
As you do...
I'm waiting on your "dream sketch" to get to me, which is now 2 days late.. Only then can I know what I'm dealing with and start putting plans into place.
Blame the Welsh Smile
As you do...
*Remembers that SHARN isn't welsh* :ermm
I live in wales though Smile
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(04-02-2011, 01:17 AM)Drumm Wrote: Jamie: You coming to 1.42 ? Just outta interest.

Yet to be decided, bearing in mind I won't have most of the games needed (being a competitive player who plays with the big boys :devil)

Would like to, it's up to whether the folks are willing to drive me/trust me with Mark. And my PC. They kinda dislike me since I dropped my subwoofer on my casing and cracked it >>
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SharkLAN Games list bigsharn 3 8,965 04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Last Post: bigsharn
  SharkLAN 1.42 - Postponed bigsharn 10 21,106 04-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Mark
  SharkLAN 0.1 summary bigsharn 0 4,871 26-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Last Post: bigsharn