• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Myspace.. are you still alive?
Myspace.. are you still alive?

I don't know about you, but I myself used to use Myspace but to me it's always been to somewhere to promote young music and not a social network.
As Facebook reach new heights, their ageing and once top dog rival MySpace are slashing staff in a last ditch attempt to save themselves.
This Tuesday 11th January 2011, Myspace "laid off" a whopping 47 percent of their workforce which works out at about 500 employees from their almost 1,100.

In their day, Myspace was the place to hit up for the latest news and goings but like most internet ventures they have cycles and Myspace's cycle is over in my opinion and a little overdue.

Some quote I found from this random guy backs my thoughts up.
Jeremiah Owyang, a technology industry analyst claims that the problem was innovation.
Quote:"Myspace didn't change their design, upgrade their demographics to expand, and they didn't inject a culture of innovation. So they stayed complacent and they're seeing the results of that."

According to a disgruntled employee, MySpace executives had "driven hundreds of people to work hard for months, giving 20 hour days, even 48 hour sleepless stints" in the run-up to the layoffs.

Apparently they've rolled out a new design, but the balls already left the court.
(15-01-2011, 12:59 AM)Mark Wrote: Myspace.. are you still alive?

I don't know about you, but I myself used to use Myspace but to me it's always been to somewhere to promote young music and not a social network.
As Facebook reach new heights, their ageing and once top dog rival MySpace are slashing staff in a last ditch attempt to save themselves. This Tuesday 11th January 2011, Myspace "laid off" a whopping 47 percent of their workforce which works out at about 500 employees from their almost 1,100.

In their day, Myspace was the place to hit up for the latest news and goings but like most internet ventures they have cycles and Myspace's cycle is over in my opinion and a little overdue. Some quote I found from this random guy backs my thoughts up.

Jeremiah Owyang, a technology industry analyst claims that the problem was innovation.
Quote:"Myspace didn't change their design, upgrade their demographics to expand, and they didn't inject a culture of innovation. So they stayed complacent and they're seeing the results of that."

According to a disgruntled employee, MySpace executives had "driven hundreds of people to work hard for months, giving 20 hour days, even 48 hour sleepless stints" in the run-up to the layoffs.

Apparently they've rolled out a new design, but the balls already left the court.

I have a myspace page- I think I've logged into it 6 times in the last ten years or whatever.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Myspace..whats that?

On a more serious note, I haven't touched it in about 2 years, possibly 3, so yeh, it's dying.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
I was being serious.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
So was I..
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tom Anderson hates Myspace! Mark 2 8,356 20-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Pack3t SynAck3r