• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Costco confirms they will stop selling Apple products
Costco confirms they will stop selling Apple products

*Only about a week late*

Costco's Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti confirmed that Cosco are in the process of phasing out Apple products from their shelves.

The news confirms a 2-month-old rumor from iLounge, (who?), that noted the process as already under way. iLounge's source had attributed the move to the wholesale retailer getting shut out of acquiring stock of products like the iPad, which competitors like Sam's Club, Wal-Mart Stores, and Target had gotten access to some six months after its launch.

The Seattle Times says the split is mutual and notes that, unlike some of the deals made with other large-scale Apple resellers, Costco was never allowed to sell Apple's products through its own online store. The post also highlights that Costco's sales of Apple products did not venture further than offering slightly discounted iPods and packs of iTunes gift cards.

Costco quite famously stopped selling Coca-Cola products after a pricing dispute in November of last year, before resuming sales just a month later after the two companies had worked things out.
Good thing I shop at walmart for my apple products Big Grin
Seeing as I don't buy apple products, or have a costco anywhere near me, it doesn't seem to phase me. But Mark..are you crushed inside?
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
I can get all of my Apple goodness here in the UK!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stop fattening the ducks! Mark 5 10,459 25-10-2010, 02:13 AM
Last Post: T3hRogue
  WarlordTF's Apple Products Review Page WARLORDTF 36 60,301 15-06-2010, 09:26 PM
  STOP! THIEF! bigsharn 6 13,605 13-06-2010, 09:42 PM