• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WarlordTF's Apple Products Review Page
I shall attempt to try and review most, if not all Apple-made products [which I shall from now on call "iDevice(s)". (Also all these products have been tested thoroughly to the point of breaking, I shall try to include test specs. as well)

Here is the current list of iDevices I shall review:

Macintosh

Desktop
Mac mini
iMac
Mac Pro

Portable [MacBook]
MacBook Air
MacBook
MacBook Pro

Server
Mac mini
Xserve

iPod [Warning, there are many XD]

iPod Classic
1st Generation
2nd Generation
3rd Generation
4th Generation (Photo) (Colour)
5th Generation
6th Generation

iPod Mini
1st Generation
2nd Generation

iPod Nano
1st Generation
2nd Generation
3rd Generation
4th Generation
5th Generation

iPod Shuffle
1st Generation
2nd Generation
3rd Generation

iPod Touch
1st Generation
2nd Generation
3rd Generation

iPhone

iPhone
Original iPhone
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS

iPad

iPad
iPad Wi-Fi
iPad Wi-fi + 3G

Once I have written a review, I shall strike the iDevice from my list like this and continue, when I have finished I shall be in hospital due to RSI XD
Any errors, typos etc. PM me or something, even though I try, I cannot be perfect :]
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Star 
The Mac Mini

[Image: 2009-apple-mac-mini.gif]

The first thing you will notice about this machine is firstly, how small it is. Then after opening it, thinking... "So... er... where's my mouse, keyboard etc...". The point is, you don't get them. Simple as. This product was solely aimed at PC [mainly Windows users] to move over to the Apple products. The version I used was the Basic Model, not being rich and all, and plugged all my peripherals - mouse, keyboard, monitor to find that I couldn't plug in my monitor, for want of a Video Adapter XD but Apple sent one though ASAP.

This is the specs. of the Model I was using.

Graphics : Nvidia GeForce 9400M using 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive : 160 GB or 320 GB Serial ATA
Processor : 2.53 GHz (P8700) Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM : 2 GB (two 1 GB) of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM
AirPort Extreme: Integrated Broadcom 802.11a/b/g/n
Optical Drive : 8x DVD±R read, 6x DVD±R-DL writes, 8x DVD±R writes, 6x DVD-RW writes, 8x DVD+RW writes, 24x CD read, 24x CD-R and CD-RW recording SuperDrive.
Minimum OS Required: Mac OS X v10.6.1
Weight : 2.9 pounds / 1.32 kg
Dimensions : 2 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches / 50.8 x 165.1 x 165.1 mm
Costs: $599.99 (US Dollar)

The machine is surprisingly versatile, I tried to run a few simple games [C&C and the such] and it hardly struggled with the graphics processing, making gameplay good if somewhat jumpy occasionally.This is mostly down to the fact that within the latest batch of Mac Mini’s you will find the same Nvidia 9400M graphics chip that have featured in many of the aluminium Macbook Pros.

In addition to gaming, the Mac Mini boasts the capability of full 1080p violin playback, which when it was released was a new feature, has become a little more commonplace of late.
Also, if you do not have any speakers to hand, or headphones don't fret! As the Mac Mini has built in speakers - which, admittedly, sound like they should be stuck underneath a laptop with their tinny sound, but hey you don't have any ugly wires ruining the seamless look of the Mac Mini, so hey you choose between style or quality Big Grin

Now when it comes to looks, this baby can't be beaten easily. It is not marred by ugly and unsightly USB ports everywhere everything you need is neatly tuck in at the back - look.

[Image: macmini.jpg]

From left to right, first row: Power Button, 10 ventilator holes, Kensington lock, audio in, audio out. Second row: DC in, Gigabit Ethernet, Firewire 800, mini DVI, mini-DisplayPort, 5 USB 2.0 Ports

and if one doesn't fancy wires from a keyboard and mouse the Mac Mini is bluetooth enabled, which means you can connect your wireless keyboard and "magic" mouse. The Keyboard, which you can buy for £25 feature some more handy USB ports.
Using the Bluetooth you can also connect a slot leading 'superdrive' (DVD writer) which, like most of the Mac Mini is very discreet.

In terms of connectivity, at the back of the machine there are 5 USB and 1 FireWire 800 port as well as the typical audio-out and microphone-in ports and an ethernet connection. The video output connection is Mini DisplayPort. This is where I ran into trouble with the adapters as I have a VGA monitor. However, thanks to some fantastic customer service from at Apple, I was sent the correct adapter free of charge.

The only annoying thing that I know, it makes no noise, and apart from a little white light at the front you wouldn't even know it was on. Then again, some people would prefer that...
Apple also boasts that the Mac Mini is the most environmentally friends and energy efficient desktop computer in the world.

So, if you are a dissatisfied Windows user wishing to try the waters of Apple, this is the one for you. It does pretty much everything basic users need, If you require it for more than IM, email, basic tasks, etc... then this isn't for you.
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
Wow, that's a hell of a list - very nice first post aswell, i know nothing about Apple products so this is of use to me. Also is the Iphone original the 2G?
-_-' Mark

iPhone 2G is 2nd Gen, If I remember rightly the 1G came out in Japan only
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Yeah Sharn it was something like that. I think it went to America too at some point
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
So why isn't the 2G on the list? As you can tell i know nothing about Apple. Shoot me.
The one that people consider the 2G was the first one released in Europe, hence people just say iPhone and iPhone 3G over here (I think America's the same)
As you do...
Apparently my mate has the 2G, so now i'm just confused. And i was there when he got it the dude said it was 2g.
what is your question? you've overcomplicated it!
The 1G model (sometimes 2g) refers to the 1st generation and the 3G model is considered the 2nd generation iPhone. The biggest difference is that the 3G has internet connectivity and assisted GPS abilities while the formal model does not.

Does that answer the question?
Ah, in that case I stand corrected
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Costco confirms they will stop selling Apple products Mark 3 10,801 27-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mark