• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your username
(27-11-2010, 08:05 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:
(27-11-2010, 05:36 AM)latch Wrote: This may be, more than anything else, geeky.

And I also wanted to say:

Geeky, that.

And:

Thought so.

This is, of course, a compliment coming from a nerd.
I am what I am Wink, and I always assumed my name's meaning was self explanatory to those with a working knowledge of TCP/IP. Your name calls visions of a lock and key to me. I think, after observing and interacting with you, the name suits you well.
Regarding the spelling of the singer referred in Sharn's name: M-E-A-T-L-O-A-F.

Oh great! Now my curiosity is awakened! How does my internet presence project the concept of lock and key? Perhaps latch is not a random misnomer, but rather an unconscious proclamation of an attribute of my persona..

Although, I didn't manifest my usual decisiveness in giving a tripartite answer, the last answer was more serious than the other two. I knew it was word play on network analysis though I didn't see the witty use of SYN and ACK.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
my username is actually WarlordTF as it splits into 'Warlord The Fuhrer' - which was my screen name on many online games and because im german and have an avid interest in WWII I made myself a fuhrer Big Grin
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
(27-11-2010, 10:22 PM)latch Wrote: Oh great! Now my curiosity is awakened! How does my internet presence project the concept of lock and key? Perhaps latch is not a random misnomer, but rather an unconscious proclamation of an attribute of my persona.

I think you and I both know that supposed random misnomers from people "like us" are hardly random. We are slaves to our subconscious. I find it interesting that a latch can be found as a material used in general construction and also as a component within electronic circuitry. Is it coincidence that you earn a living as a handy-man/computer-tech? The verbalized form of latch brings visions of a lock and key to me. It is possible this is due to my love of comic-books or Looney Tunes when I was a child, I honestly don't know. Perhaps it is from some form of subliminal implant which is born out of communication with you. I know you have professed on several occasions to have a great interest in pushing the limits of what is considered to be "known" in your own unique, forcing me to use a dictionary on occasion, vernacular. Could that not be translated into yourself being a key for unlocking the mysteries of the unknown, unseen or misunderstood?
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I should smack myself for being surprised at how impressed I am at your response, but alas, pobody's nerfect.

You must be a very conscientious person evidently akin to me in that you make connections where others don't. Indeed the lowly latch is used in both of my professions- simple and necessary. An interesting 'coincidence' that my surname spelled backwards resembles it. <=sentence fragment

It is true, that I am interested in all knowledge as long as it's the truth. It is a passion of mine to seek out truth in all forms.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.