• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSPhone?
Well Sony Ericsson have come up with a new daring concept, a phone that's also a games console (or should that be the other way around)

A lot of us will remember the NGage from Nokia, which was a phone meant as a games console, but now Sony have done pretty much the same with the PSP phone. The phone slides out (like many QWERTY phones) to reveal a D-pad, two touchpads (or nipples, depending how you see the picture) and the trademark four control buttons (X O ▲ ◘ incase you've been living in a cave for the past 15 years).

With it we get a 1GHz Qualcomm processor, 512Mb RAM and 1GB of ROM, around a 4" screen and (best of all) it's based on Android 3.0.

The only problem so far is the lack of a UMD or Memory Stick Pro slot so we reckon it's going to be a download only job. There is also the slight problem that Sony have revealed that the entire thing is a fake... But then again, so was the PS3 Slim, until it's release in 2009

It's rumoured to be released in late 2011.

*Sorry for a lack of pictures, the only ones we can get our hands on have watermarks all over them*

EDIT: Here's a teaser video
Enjoy!
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
umm, 90% of phones these days have "gaming" built into them, well at least games that'll run on phones. It'd be interesting so see some images of this.
Again, it's unconfirmed (actually, snubbed) by Sony, but I can see it happening

Not a lot of phones are consoles with phone abilities, but rather the other way around, so this is a definite gap in the market
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
This sounds fake.
SONY are releasing phone capabilities on the PSP Go, with looks rather like you mentioned
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
It isn't fake. It's been in speculation for ages. This isn't new. But these are the first pictures have surfaced.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Asked about the much rumoured PlayStation Phone (you know, the “fake” one*), a Sony representative (through a translator) went as far as stating, if one such device did exist of course, how it would come to market. It seems the PS Phone would be prototyped by the company’s recently restructured Network Services division. Hardly a “What are you talking about? PlayStation Phone? Are you insane?”

In other Sony news, the call also revealed that a Sony tablet looks to be on the horizon.
Yes, because the Sony Representatives do know of the existence. They're kept out of the loop until the release. I must correct Sharn by saying it will be released late Q1 or Early Q2 2011. Not end of 2011. I wouldn't dismiss the idea of it coming to the market in Japan. Possibly not going any further. If it was to advance, Sony would pull developers onboard.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
So wait, SONY reps don't know but somehow you do? I doubt this a lot
PSP2 is also something to be on the lookout for xP
No, Sony reps don't know about it. There is a handful of people who know about it. One of them have a loose mouth obviously. Before you ask who, nobody knows, so we can get more Sony leaks, and they don't get fired.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Gotta be more than a handful if it's on the internet. I doubt it exists, tbh

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is PSPhone? Stemmler 11 20,944 22-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Last Post: latch