• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games of 2011
Well after trawling through the internet for the past 6 weeks, I've found some rather interesting pieces about games coming out (or rather not coming out) in the near future. Blizzard has no releases planned for 2011 but two releases planned in 2012, nobody's exactly sure which games these are, but Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2's first addon pack, Heart Of The Swarm are good bets.

First of all, Knobby Kotick (and his company Activision) have announced that there will be no more Guitar Hero games in the near future. They're basically not making enough money anymore from the back of them (though that *might* be to do with the double dip recession we're in the middle of). Cuts are already being made at the various Guitar and DJ Hero developer headquarters so I doubt we'll see another rendition in the near future

Also confirmed for non-release are:
The new Tony Hawk games, being greatly outsold by EA's Skate series
True Crime:Hong Kong, which has (strangely) been pulled because according to Activision CEO, Eric Hirshberg "wouldn't be able to hold its own in a competitive marketplace." and “it just wasn’t going to be good enough”... Though that never stopped them releasing Modern Warfare 2.

So after these cuts what's left in Activision's portfolio? COD, StarCraft and World Of Warcraft... So yay, more sub-par sequels and spinoffs to look forward to...

On the other hand, some of Microsoft's planned releases are shown (albeit accidentally) in this video:

Watch closely in the background after 2:20 and you (could) notice "Behind Halo 5" and a "Project Gotham Racing" game with an unfamiliar icon, as well as showing off their new toy LightSpace (which is what's demoed in the video). Unfortunately, Microsoft's official statement on this is: “The logos in question were created for a tech demo in a futuristic home, and are not an accurate representation of our plans for our games franchises.”

After Sony's not-so-subtle leaks of the Xperia Play, it's uncertain whether they're just teasing us with an idea, or new games currently in development. I'm certainly hoping for the latter.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Lined up this year:

PS3 - 50/58 = 86.2%
360 - 35/58 = 60.3%
PC - 28/58 = 48.3%
Wii - 2/58 = 3.4%

Exclusives

PS3 - 17
360 - 4
PC - 3
Wii - 1

Article here

I've got another list I made somewhere
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
The game that I'd play from that link would be Driver San Francisco

"Ubisoft is bringing their beloved Driver franchise back in 2011 for pretty much every gaming platform available. You’ll play as John Tanner as you free-roam and perform missions through the streets of San Francisco. It’s been a while since we’ve seen a Driver game, but hopefully newcomers to the series will see what all the fuss is about."

Look at what he drives, that my friend is a 1970 Dodge challenger RT.

[Image: 1970-dodge-challenger-rt.jpg]

WANT. :roll
After Driv3r I wouldn't hold my breath about it being any good

Just an advance warning

Portal 2 I reckon will be overrated, though I'll buy it just to see how the story will pan out I'm not expecting much
As you do...
Yeah, I agree it's not the best game out there and not one I'll go out of my way to get but as a car game player It must be tried. :tongue
HL:E3 looks intense so far

LA Noire looks good
C&C 5 looks good.
Killzone 3 looks amazing
Resistance 3 equally good
Bulletstorm too
LBP2 as well
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider looks amazing
Test Drive Unlimited 2 looks beautiful
Deus Ex: Human Revolution looks amazing
Portal 2 looks amazing
Devil May Cry looks amazing
Dead Space 2 looks amazing
Duke Nukem Forever: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
InFamous 2 looks cool
Marvel vss Capcom 3 looks funny
Uncharted 3 looks sweeeeet
Operation Flashpoint: Red River too
Max Payne as well
LotR: War in the North looks good
Yakuza of the End looks cool
Warhammer 40K Space Marine looks completely badass
Homefront will probably be the most controversial
Silent Hill 8 perhaps
Red Faction Armageddon looks swell
Battlefield 3 looks set to beat IWs COD 8, with Price returning to modern combat
Aliens Colonial Marines after Duke Nukem
Brink
Rage
Ninja Gaiden 3
Mass effect 2
Bioshock Infinite
Dragon Age 2
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (With new engine)
GTA V
DiRT 3
AGENT
Hitman 5

Loads more, cba to type them up
A new GTA? Result.
Speculated, if the studio's reputations are anything to go by these won't be out until 2012
C&C 5 looks good.
Test Drive Unlimited 2 looks beautiful
Devil May Cry looks amazing
InFamous 2 looks cool
Marvel vss Capcom 3 looks funny
LotR: War in the North looks good
Silent Hill 8 perhaps
Battlefield 3 looks set to beat IWs COD 8, with Price returning to modern combat
Ninja Gaiden 3
Bioshock Infinite
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim (With new engine)
GTA V
DiRT 3
Hitman 5

It wouldn't even surprise me if some of the above were put back until 2013
As you do...
LOL, Skyrim comes out July, Battlefield 3 same month, COD8 in November, Marvel vs Capcom is around the same time, LotR comes out this year, InFamous 2 is the same, in fact, the only ones that might not come out this year are C&C5, and GTAV and possibly Hitman V.
All the others have set release dates, but might get delayed knowing the video game industry.
My point exactly, COD 8 will be out in Autumn, buggy as hell.
MVC, InFamous and LotR will get pushed back
C&C 5 and GTA V will be in 2012 at the earliest, knowing what EA are like with the C&C series (and what perfectionists Rockstar are)

I doubt it'll be called C&C 5, it's more likely to be an addition to one of the spinoffs. RA3 is already out, as is C&C 4 so I reckon Generals could see a reboot.
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of A1 and A2 categorised 125cc motorbikes - 2010 / 2011 DSA Mark 0 7,545 12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Mark
  RIP Steve Jobs (1955-2011) Mark 19 36,640 13-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Mr. President