using namespace std;

int main(){
cout << "Hello World";
return 0;
}[/code]
Way to kill an hour 'eh ?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(20-11-2010, 06:54 PM)Drumm Wrote: [code=c]#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main(){
cout << "Hello World";
return 0;
}[/code]
Way to kill an hour 'eh ?

I'm slightly more advanced than that, but I still would like to get Pack3t SynAck3r's take on the language. Here is a program I wrote that changes a color bitmap to greyscale. Only that one size though, because that's all I need. You can see I built it off of a 'hello world' program.

Code:
/****************************************************************************
* File    : main.c                                                         *
* Purpose : Console mode (command line) program.                           *
* History : Date      Reason                                               *
*           00/00/00  Created                                              *
****************************************************************************/

#include <stdio.h>

/****************************************************************************
* Function: main                                                           *
* Purpose : Main entry point.                                              *
* History : Date      Reason                                               *
*           00/00/00  Created                                              *
****************************************************************************/

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

FILE *readf; FILE *writef; int x;int txt[57655]; int h; char i;

readf = fopen ("real eye.bmp","r") ;

if (readf != NULL)
{
    for(x=0;x<57654;x++)
        {
        txt[x] = fgetc(readf);

}
}
else
{
printf("Unable to open READ file!\n");    
    scanf("%c",&i);
}

for(x=54;x<57652;x=x+3)
        {

h=0.3 * txt[x+1] + 0.59 * txt[x+1] + 0.11 * txt[x+2];

txt[x]=h;txt[x+1]=h;txt[x+2]=h;

}

writef = fopen ("grey.bmp","w") ;

if (writef != NULL)
{
    for(x=0;x<57654;x++)
        {
        fputc(txt[x],writef);
        }
}
else
{
printf("Unable to open WRITE file!\n");
    scanf("%c",&i);    
}

printf("Hello, world!\n");

return 0;
}

All that white space is there from the influence of, the very toyt like a tiger, Python. The comment header was added by Pelles C, which I am in love with. Sadly the program hits the EOF pitfall, occasionally when I am filming in the dark. Haven't figured that out yet.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
(20-11-2010, 06:18 PM)bigsharn Wrote: I took 2 hours (and a fair bit of help from Mark) to write a hello world program, and I have a diploma in software development. C is a hard language, though it's damn useful to know, especially for hacking and electronics projects

;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
I am not really "hacking" at the moment, i am getting interested in html and dreamweaver(just started) i plan on coming back to VB later down the line i love the IDE its really noob friendly. But for all or most of my learning i go to lynda.com now, costs money but i like it. If i had one recommendation i would say start a hjt training course, lots of people are interested in learning it myself included and most training sites are backlogged so i am sure you would get some more members. Just because they are leaning hjt doesn't mean there not black hat but at least your attracting the right crowd more or less.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
(10-02-2011, 05:45 AM)Mr. President Wrote: I am not really "hacking" at the moment, i am getting interested in html and dreamweaver(just started) i plan on coming back to VB later down the line i love the IDE its really noob friendly. But for all or most of my learning i go to lynda.com now, costs money but i like it. If i had one recommendation i would say start a hjt training course, lots of people are interested in learning it myself included and most training sites are backlogged so i am sure you would get some more members. Just because they are leaning hjt doesn't mean there not black hat but at least your attracting the right crowd more or less.

HiJackThis is an antiquated program. Ever since TrendMicro purchased it several years ago the development on that utility has been stagnant. Any malware that can be detected using HJT can be removed with malwarebytes or super anti-spyware. One of the biggest issues is that it has no 64bit OS support, which when you consider 90% of all new windows boxes has the 64bit architecture it is pretty retarted. All the effective advanced malware that is in circulation today HJT can't even touch. HJT could be used as a noob training tool, but you need a more complete profile of a system to ascertain the extent of an infection. OTL is my personal favorite, think of it as HJT on steroids. OTL's only downfall is that it has no embedded rootkit detection or removal techonology(not to worry though because I have a healthy obsession with rootkits (RK's). In order to be effective at obliterating an infection from a sophisticated piece of malware you need to have mastered a number of tools, utilities and the ability to code when there is no utility available for removal. The only person I am aware of in here that is fully qualified to train is myself(I make my living from computer and network security and I do malware research as a hobby/public service) and I use my own discretion to decide who I do or do not train. First rule of thumb though if you are interested is you have to prove your own machine is without infection. If you are inclined you must post your HJT log in a new thread in the virus and malware removal section http://mcompute.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=62and we can go from there. I will walk you through the rest of the process of creating/analyzing logs and using the utilities that are necessary to disinfect/repair, and give you an explanation as to why if you need it. If you have a HJT log that is showing an infection then we will fix the easy stuff that is visible first and dig deeper afterwards. Familiarizing yourself with all the information HJT logs show is essential though in order to learn OTL. OTL uses a lot of the same naming and labeling nomenclature, but on average the log files are 8 or 9 times larger. The HJT analysis is for your learning, normally for a removal I was doing I would just skip it and use OTL first.
Having a deep understanding of Windows is a necessity and you will be forced to learn a lot of Windows' functionality in order to be successful.
You are paying for lessons? That is ridiculous...completely.
I have no problem with the color of anyone's hat, black, white or gray. Good and evil are a point of view, any real "hacker" has a great knowledge of both the dark and the light. What defines you is how you use your knowledge and ability. Dogmatic once sided views with regards to computers is counter-intuitive and pointless. 99% of the nubs on HF are NOT hackers, they are script kiddies and Warez Doodz. There is a huge distinct difference. Script kiddie fags get chased out of here real quick, because anyone stupid enough to listen to what they have to say or download what they tell you to will get sodomized by them. If they don't leave there are a few of us that will make them miserable until they do. Let anybody come in, it is pretty easy to sniff out the people that are full of shit.
And seriously, paying for lessons is insane, you need to force yourself to be able to learn with your own abilities and the occasional Google search when necessary to fill in the gaps of comprehension.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Ya i had heard that hjt had no 64bit support which really sucks and is really outdated. my laptop cost 500 bucks its 64 bit so i am not sure how low the price has to go before you only have 32bit lol.
i agree with you on paying for lessons but i have found that if any site is worth money its lynda.com, i have found some of there tutorials on torrent sites but i prefer to have access to there large database. There pretty cool you should check them out and considering the amount of stuff i have downloaded from TPB feels good to actually buy something lol jk.

Thanks for the offer on training i don't have the time atm or the basic skills but i am interested, i well be around here lots though and when my work schedule opens up and i have a little more basic comp understanding i would love to receive any training i can get.
(10-02-2011, 09:42 AM)Mr. President Wrote: i agree with you on paying for lessons but i have found that if any site is worth money its lynda.com, i have found some of there tutorials on torrent sites but i prefer to have access to there large database. There pretty cool you should check them out

Thanks for the offer on training i don't have the time atm or the basic skills but i am interested, i well be around here lots though and when my work schedule opens up and i have a little more basic comp understanding i would love to receive any training i can get.
With all due respect, I keep my own council on knowledge accumulation and the recommendation of a self-confessed nub is of little concern to me. You are new around here and so I will give you a pass. Paying for online tutorials is for those who have more want and try in them than natural ability. I am more concerned with going beyond information that is readily available. I am focused on innovation not read and regurgitation.

Technically I didn't offer to train you. All I did was lay the path out for you to "apply". I told you I would help remove any infection you had on your machine and answer questions you may have. Doing a malware removal from one machine is hardly a training session, it is an icebreaker, and nobody gets trained that can't prove their machine is clean, period. I am indifferent as to what you decide to do, I was merely giving you an option. Nearly half the computers connected to the internet have some form of malware running on them, whether you get yours cleaned or not has little bearing on the big picture.

You have been indoctrinated by the cynical Pack3t SynAck3r, Have a nice Day!

(11-02-2011, 03:33 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 09:42 AM)Mr. President Wrote: i agree with you on paying for lessons but i have found that if any site is worth money its lynda.com, i have found some of there tutorials on torrent sites but i prefer to have access to there large database. There pretty cool you should check them out

With all due respect, I keep my own council on knowledge accumulation and the recommendation of a self-confessed nub is of little concern to me. You are new around here and so I will give you a pass. Paying for online tutorials is for those who have more want and try in them than natural ability. I am more concerned with going beyond information that is readily available. I am focused on innovation not read and regurgitation.

Technically I didn't offer to train you. All I did was lay the path out for you to "apply". I told you I would help remove any infection you had on your machine and answer questions you may have. Doing a malware removal from one machine is hardly a training session, it is an icebreaker, and nobody gets trained that can't prove their machine is clean, period. I am indifferent as to what you decide to do, I was merely giving you an option. Nearly half the computers connected to the internet have some form of malware running on them, whether you get yours cleaned or not has little bearing on the big picture.

You have been indoctrinated by the cynical Pack3t SynAck3r, Have a nice Day!

..............Confusedorry..........

Packet wrote:
"Paying for online tutorials is for those who have more want and try in them than natural ability. I am more concerned with going beyond information that is readily available. I am focused on innovation not read and regurgitation."

Very interesting quote packet, there is a lot of wisdom in your rants. i don't know how to describe it but you have really helped me.
I hope we didn't get off on the wrong foot, i am as noobish as they come i thought lol meant lots of laughs just found out it means laugh out loud lol.
feb 11 2012 lets see how far this noob can go in one year eh?......starting
I'm still laughing from that joke about calling HTML a real language, and that bit about VB.I know both.. Parts? Of html, both hypertext markup language and how to make love
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
(11-02-2011, 06:35 AM)Mr. President Wrote: ..............Confusedorry..........

Packet wrote:
"Paying for online tutorials is for those who have more want and try in them than natural ability. I am more concerned with going beyond information that is readily available. I am focused on innovation not read and regurgitation."

Very interesting quote packet, there is a lot of wisdom in your rants. i don't know how to describe it but you have really helped me.
I hope we didn't get off on the wrong foot, i am as noobish as they come i thought lol meant lots of laughs just found out it means laugh out loud lol.
feb 11 2012 lets see how far this noob can go in one year eh?......starting

I am not offended by you if that is what your are concerned about, I hope you quit wasting your money on paid online tutorials though. You seem like a happy go lucky kind of guy. I have no preconceived expectations for you whatsoever, nor am I asking for you to prove anything to me. Your life and your goals are all about your own journey, and if you came into this forum then our lives have crossed paths, even if only briefly and to a minor degree. I try to be a voice of reason, but admittedly I am sometimes the cause of the chaos. Usually if you see a lot of utter madness we are just fighting off boredom in here. If you are looking to advance yourself to some extent within a year, good for you. If you learn everyday your goal will take care of itself.