• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you want?
I believe that we've come to a stage where we're doing OK, everything we have works, we're getting regular traffic, regular members and posts.

This is the time to voice your opinion, what do YOU want? I want to run a very community based forum i don't want to be some arse administrator who thinks he's above everybody. I welcome everybody's opinion.

What do you want added? Or changed? Let me know in this thread.
I was attracted to the forum because of the line "Where white hats kick back" I think there needs to be more discussion on known blackhat activity and what can be done to stop it. Perhaps I am out of line but that IS what a "white hat" does. Maybe we need to recruit more in. I have a bevy of long-time friends/partners that I could bring in, but they can be assholes to n00bs... I get the feeling after being on here for a few weeks that there really isn't a whole lot of true White Hat activity going on. Don't get me wrong it is still a cool forum and I find it enjoyable, but some of you still have much to learn about being "hackers". I would be more than happy to do some TUT's but unless there is true interest I am not going to waste my time. I would be willing to bet if everyone who is a member of this forum (that is running Windows) posted a HJT log or a OTL log we would certainly find some malware on about 1 of every 4 machines, especially if you have been using pirated software. Perhaps that would be a good place to get started. If any of you are running anything but Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus on Windows than you are susceptible to kernel hook attacks and you should switch YESTERDAY. See this article, http://www.matousec.com/info/articles/kh...ftware.php [Yes your a/v is shit, deal with it] I suppose the bottom line is I would like to see less of Justin Bieber(funny yes, technologically irrelevant-absolutely) and more discussion of the cat/mouse games of computer security. If none of you are interested in learning such, why would you consider yourself a White Hat anyway? Again this is only my opinion and it is not my forum, but you asked and I answered.
(08-07-2010, 03:33 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I have a bevy of long-time friends/partners that I could bring in, but they can be assholes to n00bs...

Bring em on. Smile I need more people to argue with. :p

And you said something about how some of these things are irrelevant to technology..Well of course they are. Not everyone wants to be technical all the time, no matter what the forums suppose to be about. Why do you think we have different sections for different things? Exactly, to goof off.

And I don't consider myself any type of Hat, I consider myself as more of a Graphical person.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(08-07-2010, 04:13 AM)Christopha Wrote:
(08-07-2010, 03:33 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I have a bevy of long-time friends/partners that I could bring in, but they can be assholes to n00bs...

Bring em on. Smile I need more people to argue with. :p

And you said something about how some of these things are irrelevant to technology..Well of course they are. Not everyone wants to be technical all the time, no matter what the forums suppose to be about. Why do you think we have different sections for different things? Exactly, to goof off.

And I don't consider myself any type of Hat, I consider myself as more of a Graphical person.

Good for you doing graphics. If you have a passion for something then do it. You only live once after all and if you do something you should put everything you have into it. A man is generally defined by what he does after all. :thumbs

Do not take my comments as any direct attack on you or any other users on this forum, that was not my intention. Opinions were asked for and I gave my opinion based on observation. Nothing more and nothing less. Perhaps instead of worrying about what I said you should give your own ideas :yep As far as my friends/partners they really don't come into forums to argue, they are on a mission, and simple fodder isn't generally their MO. I have been playing the "hat" game for a LONG time from both sides of the fence at one point or another, since before quite a few of you were even a glint in your daddy's eye. Good/Evil are merely points of view and completely dependent upon circumstance. It is a culture that you are not invited into, you just kind of find your way into it over the course of time. These pussy script kiddies that buy RATs and bad coded Botnets are NOT hackers or even crackers, they are fucking nubs. Perhaps one day I will share some of my war stories, that remains to be seen. I hold no expectations, and this forum is for Mark to do as he sees fit. It is his creation after all. I will still hang out and contribute irregardless.
Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:I have a bevy of long-time friends/partners that I could bring in, but they can be assholes to n00bs...

I would be willing to bet if everyone who is a member of this forum (that is running Windows) posted a HJT log or a OTL log we would certainly find some malware on about 1 of every 4 machines, especially if you have been using pirated software. Perhaps that would be a good place to get started

Bring them in, the more the merrier.

That's a good idea, we now have a dedicated sub-forum for Malware analysis / removal that can be put to good use.

Also, the more tutorials the better, you don't know when a guest is just browsing and signs up because they've seen a good tutorial - i personally read every post on this site.

What sort of tutorials do you want? I'm sure i can look in to making some up.

A lot of forums have a massive "lounge" section, it's just where people come to relax, maybe after a hard day at the office.
Like Chris I'm more of a graphical person... I'm no form of hat (though I wear a black hat) and don't really intend of being one. We do need a hell of a lot more members covering a hell of a lot more areas

I think the idea of white hats just puts on the idea of a legal area to talk about hacking, though secretly there will be one or two black hats knocking about... I'm highly tempted to learn C for the pure and simple reason that I can't seem to get a job in anything else though so a few C tutorials wouldn't go amiss (I've barely got my head around Hello World).
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I didn't take it as any kind of attack. :p Just being a smartass. Big Grin
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Alright, I will do a little TUT this weekend on beginning C (ah my beloved C) and perhaps a starter course on HijackThis log analysis as well. If I was younger and without obligations (my family, my business etc.) I would be able to produce these faster but alas... As far as the C TUT goes would you prefer a skeleton barebone tutorial (discussion of data structures and how they are moved throughout the computer) or should I begin with basic I/O (in/out) functionality with code. An understanding of the prior makes working with the latter much less complicated, I do not know where everyone's knowledge starts or ends so let me know. For the HijackThis log tutorial it would be nice if someone could post their own log file, seeing as how most of the HJT logs I have from my customers' computers(hosed my foul and deep infections) are probably not the best to start with. I can post one off of one of my virtual machines but there really isn't going to be much of interest on it. Therefore as far as malware removal goes not very helpful to you all. If anyone has unwanted popups, your browser ever redirects you to unwanted webpages or your machine is just way slower than it should be then YOU are who I am talking to. HJT aside from being a 1st response to a malware infection can also be used as a general diagnostic tool for your operating system. Even if you are not infected your HJT log might shed some light on why your computer runs like shit. OTL is another tool similar to HJT but much more extensive and requires a deeper knowledge of Windows to read a log compared to HJT. We will get to that eventually. As a side note OTL has complete 64bit support, while HJT if ran on a 64bit machine leaves a lot to be desired. I probably need to get with Mark and lay out some ground rules for posting into the malware help forum. They are pretty universal rules and they are generally intended to 1)make life easier on the person helping with the removal and 2)To save the person who is infected from their own stupidity.
Well I've done a Diploma in Software Development so I get the basics, but it might be an idea to go the full harem, for newbs that might be looking for C tutorials on the site
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I like the community we have, but yeah I agree that the name could be misleading.
However I'm sure that the more people we get the the more the forums start flowing and attracting more members.
And I'd really(!) like to learn C so please put some tuts up, it'd be very helpful for showing up my IT office and friends
They see me trollin', they hatin'.