• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocked from college network for using uTorrent
(18-02-2011, 06:33 PM)Mark Wrote: If you're flooding the network with torrent traffic they're going to know, they'll be looking for high port activity usually in the 6000s. The only sure thing I can think of is changing the port even to 80 and limiting your speed to try and get in under the radar.

Just wondering, how did they warn you? Was it face to face?

They didn't warn me at all haha, one day I woke up and my internet just wasn't working. For a few days I was convinced my computer was the problem since I was the only one having the problem, so I spent hours troubleshooting my laptop...then I went off campus to reasonably close coffee shop, used their wireless without a problem, and deduced that I must have been blocked. Then I went to the network admin and got her to turn it on again.
(18-02-2011, 06:47 PM)latch Wrote:
(18-02-2011, 06:33 PM)Mark Wrote: If you're flooding the network with torrent traffic they're going to know, they'll be looking for high port activity usually in the 6000s. The only sure thing I can think of is changing the port even to 80 and limiting your speed to try and get in under the radar.

Just wondering, how did they warn you? Was it face to face?

Now this is a pretty good low tech(This is not a snub on Mark- its no nonsense easy and quick) answer. If you are getting your media fairly slowly then there is no reason they would be watching. But if you are serious about finding out ways around this, Pack3t is the de facto network master. He won't waste his time though if you just want a glib statement about what to download to solve the problem. There may be quite a bit of work and learning involved on your part.

Is it important enough to you to continue trying after it gets difficult?

Insatiable learners are always welcome. Posers get nothing.

I'm ready and willing to learn, just as long as I'm given clear and detailed instructions. What should I do? And by Pack3t do you mean Pack3t SynAck3r?

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another college torrenting problem xscxx 4 19,993 06-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Pack3t SynAck3r
  Bittorrent on Port-Blocked Network VoxAure 5 19,701 17-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Mark