• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add an authenticated user to an SQL database - SQL Server Management Studio
How to add an authenticated user to an SQL database - SQL Server Management Studio

"Hi Mark, this is so and so from this company. I'm connected to the database server but it's not letting me create any databases, I'm sure I could do this before. Would you be able to look into this for me?"

Steps

1) On the server, go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > SQL Server Management Studio
In SQL Server Management Studio, connect to an instance of SQL Server.

2) Down the left hand side, expand Security, right-click Logins, and then click New Login.
In the Login name box, enter the user name, or click the search button, that'll search for users within your active directory. If entering the user manually you may need to enter the domain as well.

3) Now that the user has been added, lets give some permissions. Click Server Roles, right click the user > properties > select the sysadmin check box, and then click OK.

"Hi so and so, can you give that a try now?" "OH! IT'S WORKING. THANK YOU."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [WHS] Home Media Server Part 3: Creating a Torrent Server Drumm 2 11,330 21-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Drumm