" 3GS

?

No Dear, :fp
iPhone 1G - No Internet
iPhone 1G -With Internet
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4G

Initially, the 3G was meant to have a 2nd gen tag - but people assumed the 3G meant "Third Generation" whereas it was meant merely in the sense of "3G Mobile internet". So under that assumption the previous models of the iPhone [The 1G and the 1G remake] had been popularly known as 1G and 2G, merely for continuity reasons :thumbs
But accurately, or pedantically, it goes from 1G to 3G but hey.

btw, the iMac review is being started now, should be done in 2 or so hours Big Grin [and if i feel lucky i may do the iMac pro, but don't push it as it is 2:30 am already XD and I have orchestra tomorrow]
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
The infamous iMac [the 27" variety]

[Image: imac27_deskshot_ars.JPG]

Its safe to say that users in general [and this includes Mac users] are rapidly moving to a notebook dominated world, but in the desktop market the iMac remains a good seller.
And good reason, after two years apple rethought the iMac design, and golly they are worth it.
There are three processing flavours you can choose from:
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo [same as the old iMacs, just tweaked to make it slightly faster]
2.66GHz Intel Core i5 [The first every Quad core to be used on the iMacs :thumbs]
2.8GHz Intel Core i7 [This is a hardcore version, made to order].
There are also two sizes:
21.5" 16:9 Monitor
27" 16:9

For this review, I looked at the 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo 27" iMac model, as we felt it has the most universal appeal to those looking to buy an iMac.

3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2560 x 1440
4GB RAM
1TB hard drive
8x SuperDrive
ATI Radeon 4670 with 256MB
$1,699

and unlike the Mac Mini, you get a keyboard and a 'Magic Mouse'.
The only really new thing to happen is the new new Keyboard needs two batteries instead of three, how green Big Grin .

Now the screen, like its predecessor, is a glass and aluminium combo, the only real change is there is no border to the outside, so all the graphics aren't 'boxed in'.

This is by far the largest screen that Apple has put on one of its machines, the highest resolution it can handle is 2560 x 1440, and the aspect ratio change shows that Apple is aware that people are using these machines more and more as devices to watch HD movies, and not just for your standard computing purposes.

The only important update to the screen is that it is now LED backlit, so you can increase the brightness easily, or for headache prone users like myself, dim the screen. When I first turned it on the brightness was set way too high, and it took me a while [not natively being a Mac user] to find the settings, but after it was stunning, the picture clarity is amazing. The only annoying thing, which most Apple products have, is the screen is very glossy and reflective and if you are running apps or games [I'll get onto gaming in a minute] where it is very dark, you find that you can look at yourself clearer than the game XD. But it is something you learn to live with Big Grin

With this gigantic screen comes a new, dandy function - it can be used as an external display for "supported devices which means you can link up your MacBook and view it's screen on the iMac. However the only thought I had about this is, why would you bother doing that?, if you were doing something on your MacBook, couldn't you just simply do it on your iMac with ease?

Now the ports have changed slightly since its earlier models the FireWire 400 is gone in favor of one extra USB 2.0 port (for a total of four instead of three). FireWire 800 remains for video enthusiasts, and the mini-DVI port is now Mini DisplayPort. The extra USB port is a welcome change, though I found myself annoyed that I must purchase yet another adapter so I can use my external monitor with my iMac— something everyone I know has had to do (Luckily, a VGA-to-Mini DisplayPort adapter exists, as well as an HDMI-to-Mini DisplayPort.)
Also at the side, I nearly missed it completely, is a SD card slot - the first ever introduced to an iMac :thumbs and there's a SuperDrive hole [for CDs and stuff].

Oh, a bad point flash movies and such play badly - to the point of them being unwatchable, however there is a safari addon to aid or try to fix that, but it's a work in progress.

If you liked the previous iMac, you'll like the new iMac—especially the 27" version. The single largest improvement is by far the screen, both in its size and its LED backlighting, which gives you tons of space for work and play on a crisp-looking display. And if you've dreamed up some scenario in which you need both an all-in-one computer and an external display for use with a notebook on the same desk, then this is practically your dream machine.

The downsides to the iMac are the same downsides that have almost always been there—while it's possible to perform some upgrades, it's an all-in-one with limitations. Still, the stock offerings are nice, and it's easy for most of us (who are not video professionals, for example) to get work done on this machine. If you still harbor hate for glossy displays, then you have likely already ditched most of Apple's offerings anyway. And if you wanted to use this thing as an external display for your gaming console, you're going to be disappointed (for the time being).

I apologise if this seems jumpy and disjointed but the only time I get to write these review are the very very VERY early hours of the morning [usually after not sleeping].
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
Oh, my mates has 2G internet and WiFi so it must be the second 1G - i understand now.

Also nice review and sig (maybe a pic in the article of iMac?) :p
Again, nice review, just out of interest how hard is the new Magic Mouse to use (or set up for that matter)?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
The magic mouse is simple to set up, you turn it on and the intergrated blutooth automatically connects, so as long as you are in range, its happy about it Smile
If you would like I can do a review of all the common peripherals (only by kind, cherry on top kind request as it is an imposition) Big Grin
Na, it's just that I figured the way it works would be stupidly hard to get used to
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Macs' are silly. My mate had a Mac and I downloaded Ubuntu for him XD
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Good move, maybe we can convert him. :p
I think I did. I'm not sure. He hit me XD
I'm probably one of the techies in my friend group. I know two others who could have done it. My mate knows neither.

And for the record Jack, where are you getting all this Mac kit from?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Costco confirms they will stop selling Apple products Mark 3 10,741 27-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mark