• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a bootable anti-virus CD
Using a bootable anti-virus CD

In my line of work, and I'm sure anybody that's working with computers on a daily basis knows the impact of viruses and how often you come across them.

Most machines are just a case of mbam in safe mode.
But at times I come across machines that won't boot into the OS or if they do they're too infected to do anything, and for these times I call upon my favourite Anti-virus (Avira) and their Bootable antivirus CD or as they call it Avira AntiVir Rescue System

Avira sum it up pretty nicely.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System a linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore. Thus it is possible to repair a damaged system, to rescue data or to scan the system for virus infections.
You can then use this CD/DVD to boot your computer. The Avira AntiVir Rescue System is updated several times a day so that the most recent security updates are always available.

They offer it as a .exe or a .iso
The .exe is a burning program that burns it for you, instead of using a program such as ImgBurn, pretty handy.

You can also update the virus definitions each time you use it, straight from the CD!

Specifications according to Avira
For the Avira Rescue System, you need a PC/ Notebook with:
RAM: at least 512 MB, 750 MB recommended CD-ROM drive or free USB slot
Keyboard (mouse recommended)
Resolution: at least 800x600 Pixel

Download link
http://www.avira.com/en/support-download...cue-system

This is just one of many tools I use.
Dude....Avira is not even in the top 10 for useful live cd's. Why are you running buysellads now? That is all.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Maybe not for useful live cds, but it's my bootable AV disc of choice. Also, they're on trial, I just need to get the bitch to centre then I can bin off AdsDAQ who are paying 8p a day.. (on good days), we're hitting 20k easily if there's content being produced - it's all part of the plan packet, the plan.
My fav tool for virii removal is non other than.. autoruns!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Dr WebCureIT live CD I have found to be much more useful for virus removal. It has the most comprehensive ability to disinfect altered MBRs and system files. Avira's live CD still looks for phone dialers for fuck's sake. It is archaic, and unable to remove modern rootkits.
Running autoruns in offline mode on another computer is also very nice. Mark Russinovich is the fucking man!
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
(25-06-2011, 04:27 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Dr WebCureIT live CD I have found to be much more useful for virus removal. It has the most comprehensive ability to disinfect altered MBRs and system files. Avira's live CD still looks for phone dialers for fuck's sake. It is archaic, and unable to remove modern rootkits.
Running autoruns in offline mode on another computer is also very nice. Mark Russinovich is the fucking man!

Hey, I'm concerned about phone dialers so don't be hatin.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows server hit with a virus - mass emails being sent through exchange! Mark 0 4,805 07-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Mark
  What Anti Virus do you use? hostingclick 15 35,010 27-05-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Pack3t SynAck3r