• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove the URL and page number on every page you print from FF or Internet Explorer
Remove the URL and page number on every page you print from FF or Internet Explorer

I often print off long articles / information for offline reading, thinking about it, I usually print google maps off as well.
Anyway, you know what I'm talking about and so did a client the other day so here's how to disable the page URL from printing on every page.

Remove in Internet Explorer

Simply click on the little arrow next to the printer icon on the toolbar, and then choose Page Setup from the menu. (Or tools > print > page setup)

[Image: 01.png]

Now you should see a “Headers and Footers” section where you can specify what is printed. Just have a mess round in here, I've set most of mine if not all to empty.

[Image: 02.png]

Tip: If you just want to remove the header and footer for a single print job, you can click on Print Preview, and then click on the button for “Turn headers and footers on or off” (or hit Alt + E if you're that guy)

[Image: 03.png]

Then you can simply click the print button, and your print job will print without that extra information / crap.

Remove from Firefox

Go to the File > Page Setup in the menu, and then select the Margins & Header/Footer tab in the dialog.

[Image: 04.png]

You should be able to change the drop-downs to set the Title or URL to –blank– instead, which will prevent them from printing. Note that you could also use this to put the page numbers at the top instead of the bottom if you prefer that.

Note: You can access the Page Setup from the print preview screen, which should set the options just for that print job.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can't print word documents - Ambiguous name detected: TmpDDE Mark 2 11,956 11-01-2012, 01:25 AM
Last Post: Mark
  Full list of Internet Explorer 9 Keyboard Shortcuts Mark 9 27,823 19-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Pack3t SynAck3r