• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
European Aerospace and Defence Group's (new) Airbike
European Aerospace and Defence Group's (new) Airbike

Unveiled by EADS (European Aerospace and Defence Group), the Airbike is "grown" with nylon powder using a process called additive layer manufacturing, which is similar to 3D printing but with the added benefit of laser-sintering to reinforce the structure.
This way the parts can save up to 65 percent in weight while retaining the same strength (of steel or aluminum in this case).
It's all well and good, except EADS does say there's still some way to go before we can print our own custom Harley-Davidson bikes without breaking our banks.
Shame, as with many things in life, we'll just have to wait.

Sincerely, your new Mr. Bicycle news man

[Image: eadg-airbike.png]
Does this mean Meatloaf has jumped off of the London Bridge?
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Meatloaf, It would appear is still on "leave" or "away" from mcompute. I have chatted with him and it seems unclear his motives as to why he left us so promptly and without warning nor reason.
He has his ups, downs and his fair share of meatloafents, (meatloaf moments), but in all he's quite the little ball of fun.
I've taken this opportunity to fill everyone with Bicycle knowledge, and he's not here to stop me!!!11one!! Mwuhahahahahahaaa.
Good lord, is it meant to look utterly shit?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
(10-03-2011, 06:35 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: Good lord, is it meant to look utterly shit?

not the best looking bike out there for sure.
[Image: bustedtees.07e3d5a3-8bf6-4c9a-8f85-5bccf2e28120.gif]
The seat just looks so..uncomfortable.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
I'm pretty sure that seat is nowt but a tennis racket
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
End of a tennis racket, stuck onto a bit of plastic then a bit of a rubber band as a "chain".