• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logitech Ultra X Premium
Well just after building my PC, I gathered that the PS/2 ports weren't working (damn you 2nd hand motherboard) so I was in the market for a new USB keyboard

Having a look around the local computer shops there wasn't any keyboard in particular that caught my eye, there were a couple of those silicone ones that are horrible for typing, and the closest to a quality motherboard was one getting the Logitech DiNovo in (but let's be honest, £100 for a keyboard is a bit much)

Anyway, turning to the online places there were the big names like Steelseries and Razer, which are pointless because I don't game very often (if at all). because I work on the computer mainly typing and photoshopping I just wanted something comfortable and low travel. Then I came across this in a clearance area.

At £20 it wasn't what I'd call cheap but it's a far cry from the £50 gaming keyboards so I went and bought it. plugged it in andit worked straight away, no need for drivers, the setup being incredibly simple. Using it is a pleasure more than anything else, it's like a laptop keyboard in the way that the keys are low travel, but it's full size like a normal computer keyboard, a perfect compromise

The layout is fairly standard, with QWERTY layout and some hotkeys at the top (which to be honest I never use, but I'm sure they're important to someone).

There's not really much else to say about it really, it's a keyboard that works and it's comfortable and easy to set up. It isn't wireless but being honest I wouldn't expect that of a good keyboard at that price.

From what I hear these are hard to come by, but are still a lovely keyboard to use. You can get the updated Logitech Illuminated keyboard but as I say, £80 for a wired keyboard is a bit much :p
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...