• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Man Beheads Wife.
Quote:You're welcome. And thank you for checking out my claim. Certainly, you know as well as I do there is a liar on the loose and the truth is extremely difficult to come by and anyone who accepts everything that is told to him is guaranteed to believe a lie. I've read both sides of that argument and still have not come to the point of a firm belief of what is really true. My statement is based on a leaning in that direction, but doesn't mean I'm right. Both sides say the other lies, but in time, I will come to the truth because I am in love with the truth.

I will not compromise the truth or intentionally bend my mind to believe a lie, but my abuse toward you was caused by my lack of emotional control and was unacceptable. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I do get fired up about the truth. I'm far from perfect!
You're right, but then again, it was several centuries ago and to claim that one is the truth with 100% confidence is somewhat misleading. I do enjoy the truth, but as I've told Drumm before, I'm biased so I can't say with 100% certainty that I will always use rational thinking when certain aspects of my identity are on the line.
(25-01-2011, 01:34 AM)de Baphomet Wrote:
Quote:You're welcome. And thank you for checking out my claim. Certainly, you know as well as I do there is a liar on the loose and the truth is extremely difficult to come by and anyone who accepts everything that is told to him is guaranteed to believe a lie. I've read both sides of that argument and still have not come to the point of a firm belief of what is really true. My statement is based on a leaning in that direction, but doesn't mean I'm right. Both sides say the other lies, but in time, I will come to the truth because I am in love with the truth.

I will not compromise the truth or intentionally bend my mind to believe a lie, but my abuse toward you was caused by my lack of emotional control and was unacceptable. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I do get fired up about the truth. I'm far from perfect!
You're right, but then again, it was several centuries ago and to claim that one is the truth with 100% confidence is somewhat misleading. I do enjoy the truth, but as I've told Drumm before, I'm biased so I can't say with 100% certainty that I will always use rational thinking when certain aspects of my identity are on the line.

Now, THAT is an extremely honest self assessment. Your faith is intertwined with your heritage- literally in your blood. I think most people get bent when their faith is challenged because its shaky(their faith).

I can guess an attack on your faith would feel like an attack on you personally. I very glad you check things out to make sure they jive- that's the only way to ensure you aren't being fed a load of crap.

I wasn't rational either when I was debating Jamie. Keeping emotions separate from intellect doesn't come naturally and I don't have very much debate experience. A weakness on my part. eh. Life goes on..
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Photographs of Hitler's wife, Eva Braun emerge Mark 1 8,106 13-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Last Post: T3hRogue