• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing a new Windows Operating System (post 2001)
(31-12-2010, 12:43 PM)Drumm Wrote: My questioning of why he did not feel obligated was more of a rhetorical one. Though, It is possible for him too attempt to improve the next persons skill, and if he had a good amount of respect for the the tech scene it is his responsibility as well. Yes, there is a point where self learning is the best, but for some things you cannot work all of it out by yourself without missing one detail. Try learning a programming language without a tutorial, or some kind of guide. If a person clicks on your tutorial too learn, they generally will be interested in the subject enough to want too do their best to understand.

It was a typo, should have been 1 in 10,000. (You need to learn the proper use of to and too BTW) I wasn't referring to a tutorial written by myself, I was referring to the one posted by Meatloaf. I know you are not questioning my respect for the tech scene, seeing as how you are half my age and your ability is still soft clay that has yet to be developed. The majority of my life is and has been dedicated to mankind's most useful of tools. Was it not I that showed you how an example of how to attack malware? Was my own code not in the tools I was telling you to use? Did you not also come to the logical conclusion after witnessing what was done that a tutorial to emulate what was done could pose a problem? You have a short memory. How many programming languages have you mastered that your point of view on the subject of programming has become relevant? There was no internet when I was learning to program, no forums, no nub tutorials. It was all RTFM. I need not to be spoon fed how to do something. My curiosity has always been the only catalyst necessary. You don't yet understand the culture I come from if you think all information can be given freely. Some things MUST be learned and CAN NOT be taught. I know the statement is cryptic but I have confidence it will be blatantly obvious to you over time.
Quote:Sir Isaac Newton once said "Standing on the shoulders of giants"
Did Isaac Newton learn the teachings of giants directly from their work, or from some third party's regurgitated perspective of their teachings? The quote also has the underlying meaning that one must climb the giant and been where they were first, before you can stand on their shoulders. If you want to learn what went behind Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica do you read the book or read a report given by someone else who read the book? If you miss a detail then it is your responsibility to go back and pick it up when something down the line doesn't add up properly.
Drumm, if you ask me a direct question I will answer it for you to the best of my ability. If the end all be all on a topic is already in existence I will point you to it. I do not feel it necessary to converse in the public eye over everything, this is not up for debate. If there is knowledge for which you wish to probe me for nothing is stopping you.
(31-12-2010, 05:15 AM)bigsharn Wrote: And my entrepreneureal mind is in a different spacial dimension to yours, I fail to see your point. The tutorial was not for you or someone with a mind whose technical prowess is so imperceivable, so I don't see how this applies, at all?
You fail to see just about everything Meatloaf, it is your best and worst quality. Ignorance is bliss after all. Let's check the raw definition of entrepreneur shall we?
An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and is accountable for the inherent risks and the outcome.
So you exist in the same plane of time and space as me, on the same planet yet your "entrepreneurial" (you can't even spell it correctly) mind exists in a completely different spacial dimension? I find that rather curious because being an entrepreneur is a man made philosophical idea. I founded my own enterprise and support not only myself but my family with said enterprise exclusively. I work for myself solely. My name is the one that signs my pay check. You work for a company for which you are not the proprietor. You are someone else's slave, I fail to see anything that would show you are superior to me. You have shared your difficulty to find work with everyone in here. You are not financially well off(In all fairness, neither was I at your age, but I didn't go around telling people I was an entrepreneur either.)
(31-12-2010, 05:05 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Nobody is going to start coming to you for any serious technical advice any time soon. I don't want to be a dick, but you need to understand the reality of the situation there.
Quote:And I suppose this is the reason I'm the IT guy at work?
My point was why give a shitty tutorial when there are countless others much better that are already available.
You were hired as an IT person? I think it much more likely that you filled a niche that was available additional to your regular duties. So you do your best to help those who are even more clueless than you. I don't think that means you will be drawing the masses anytime soon.

[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Get some popcorn ladies and gents, this could take a while...

Quote:You fail to see just about everything Meatloaf, it is your best and worst quality. Ignorance is bliss after all

If my ignorance is bliss, arrogance at your level must be heavenly.

Quote:An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and is accountable for the inherent risks and the outcome.

Ask Mark, I have plenty an idea that could put your creativity (or lack of) to shame

Quote:So you exist in the same plane of time and space as me, on the same planet yet your "entrepreneurial" (you can't even spell it correctly) mind exists in a completely different spacial dimension?

Electricity is the 6th spacial dimension so yes, my mind does exist on a level different to you, who unless I am mistaken is in the 3rd dimension (Or 2nd dimension reading some of your replies to this thread).
I think you'll also find I have no problem spelling "entrepreneurial" correctly, but at 5am after pulling an all nighter spelling becomes a lot more difficult

Quote:I founded my own enterprise and support not only myself but my family with said enterprise exclusively. I work for myself solely. My name is the one that signs my pay check.

Congratulations, by 2013 I'll be in exactly the same position (as will Mark)

Quote:You work for a company for which you are not the proprietor. You are someone else's slave, I fail to see anything that would show you are superior to me.

And yet still you feel the need to prove yourself... Well done, you sure showed me...

Quote:You have shared your difficulty to find work with everyone in here. You are not financially well off(In all fairness, neither was I at your age, but I didn't go around telling people I was an entrepreneur either.)

As above an entrepreneur is also someone with an idea, not only a fully-fledged business. I am an entrepreneur.

Quote:My point was why give a shitty tutorial when there are countless others much better that are already available.

Easy answer, I was asked.

Quote:You were hired as an IT person? I think it much more likely that you filled a niche that was available additional to your regular duties. So you do your best to help those who are even more clueless than you.

True, there's nothing about IT in my job title, but being the only person at work that could, for example, install XP on a computer without having to resort to Google, I don't mind because I like to be needed (and the extra hours are a nice bonus).

Quote:I don't think that means you will be drawing the masses anytime soon.

And yet my content brings more to this site than any other single user, so I beg to differ on that point (Ask Mark if you want proof)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
You're right about my use of "to" and "too."

Too the important stuff. Yes, you did show me how to attack the Malware, and I am very appreciative of that. It was a huge hand, especially as I wasn't expecting help. What I meant by the standing on the shoulders of giant thing was, over the years I bet you have created information as it were. You have discovered things nobody else has. Found buttons to push that other people stare right past. You say we should RTFM, but what happens when we run out of manual? Who creates more? Some things are undocumented, if you spend the time to work out a system, surely you should create a manual for others to read? I do agree, being taught to learn is much better than being given something. But, surely you can teach, how too learn? If somebody wanted too find an exploit in the next iOS firmware, nobody would sit down with them and find a direct route for them. But you could show the methods of familiarising yourself with systems, to work out what makes them tick. I personally would love to be taught "how to fish" as it were, I would find that much more fulfilling than being shown a precise route there.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(31-12-2010, 10:53 PM)bigsharn Wrote: Get some popcorn ladies and gents, this could take a while...

If my ignorance is bliss, arrogance at your level must be heavenly.
You are the moron who claims dominance over most Americans. Not just an individual, but an entire population. A hypocrite and a moron, you have it all.
Quote:An entrepreneur is a person who has possession of a new enterprise, venture or idea and is accountable for the inherent risks and the outcome.
Quote:Ask Mark, I have plenty an idea that could put your creativity (or lack of) to shame
If Mark thinks so highly of your creative ideas, then why didn't he ask you how to promote his business on his website. The contents of which a great deal were taken by someone else's website that is within this very forum.
Quote:So you exist in the same plane of time and space as me, on the same planet yet your "entrepreneurial" (you can't even spell it correctly) mind exists in a completely different spacial dimension?

Quote:Electricity is the 6th spacial dimension so yes, my mind does exist on a level different to you, who unless I am mistaken is in the 3rd dimension (Or 2nd dimension reading some of your replies to this thread).
I think you'll also find I spelt "entrepreneurial" correctly
Nope you spelled it entrepreneureal check your post.
The movement of electrons is of the 6th dimension? You probably believe that you poor bastard. Technically we perceive as humans 4 dimensions with time (the 4th dimension) being on a constant vector relative to each of us. The difference with you is that you believe in your own made up false truths which have existence only in your mind.

Quote:Congratulations, by 2013 I'll be in exactly the same position (as will Mark)
Again you mention Mark, but I did not inquire. Mark is more capable than you to speak for himself. You have no idea if what you intend to do will be a success. I hope you do well, but if you think destiny has predetermined your success you are being unrealistic.(as usual)
Quote:You work for a company for which you are not the proprietor. You are someone else's slave, I fail to see anything that would show you are superior to me.
Quote:And yet still you feel the need to prove yourself... Well done, you sure showed me...
You constantly try to assert yourself as above all others, and then you spout off nonsense to try and defend yourself when your bullshit is called out. You are like an ostrich that sticks his head in the sand when a threat comes. In your own mind you have evaded the threat but everyone else is standing around watching you and thinking what an idiot you are.
Quote:You have shared your difficulty to find work with everyone in here. You are not financially well off(In all fairness, neither was I at your age, but I didn't go around telling people I was an entrepreneur either.)
Quote:As above an entrepreneur is also someone with an idea, not only a fully-fledged business. I am an entrepreneur.
No an entrepreneur is responsible for inherent risks taken when creating the idea or enterprise. Your success is determined by the reward received for said risk. You have DONE nothing yet, and so to consider yourself an entrepreneur at this point is just another delusion.
Quote:My point was why give a shitty tutorial when there are countless others much better that are already available.
Quote:Easy answer, I was asked.

You were not asked from within this forum as far as I know.
Quote:You were hired as an IT person? I think it much more likely that you filled a niche that was available additional to your regular duties. So you do your best to help those who are even more clueless than you.
Quote:True, there's nothing about IT in my job title, but being the only person at work that could, for example, install XP on a computer without having to resort to Google, I don't mind because I like to be needed (and the extra hours are a nice bonus).
I will give you partial credit because that is actually an organized group of thoughts and well composed, and good for you. But your technically not an IT guy if it isn't in your job title. In fact the fact that your company uses a regular employee for IT would imply it really isn't that important of a position.
Quote:I don't think that means you will be drawing the masses anytime soon.
Quote:And yet my content brings more to this site than any other single user, so I beg to differ on that point (Ask Mark if you want proof)
Quantity is not equal to quality. Yet another reference to Mark. This forum only has 10 or so people that regularly comment on anything. What masses are you bringing in again?

[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Quote:You are the moron who claims dominance over most Americans. Not just an individual, but an entire population. A hypocrite and a moron, you have it all.

I never said I wasn't arrogant, I just happened to mention that you were, a hell of a lot more than me.

Quote:Ask Mark, I have plenty an idea that could put your creativity (or lack of) to shame

If Mark thinks so highly of your creative ideas, then why didn't he ask you how to promote his business on his website.
He did and he didn't listen.

Quote:Again you mention Mark, but I did not inquire. Mark is more capable than you to speak for himself.

You'd have thought so, but you're wholly wrong there.

Quote:You have no idea if what you intend to do will be a success. I hope you do well, but if you think destiny has predetermined your success you are being unrealistic.(as usual)

Since when did I mention destiny was a part of it? I know it'll be a success partly because of my already mentioned arrogance and partly because I've done enough market research into it to know it'll be a success.

Quote:You constantly try to assert yourself as above all others.

And where's your evidence of that? The only time I've ever done that on this forum is where someone (I'm not sure who, probably yourself) called me a retard and I responded with "I'd rather be retarded than American"

Quote:You have DONE nothing yet.

Not true.

Quote:You were not asked from within this forum as far as I know.

And this makes what difference exactly? There are people outside of this forum that want help, directing them here just happens to be a nice sly way to increase traffic.

Quote:I will give you partial credit because that is actually an organized group of thoughts and well composed, and good for you. But your technically not an IT guy if it isn't in your job title. In fact the fact that your company uses a regular employee for IT would imply it really isn't that important of a position.

I never said it was important, merely that there's a lot more to me than you would give me credit for.

Quote:Quantity is not equal to quality. Yet another reference to Mark. This forum only has 10 or so people that regularly comment on anything. What masses are you bringing in again?

Less quality, more of what people want to read than some of the other articles posted. Though, I dare you try and find anywhere else that actually has a guide like my Basics of Building a PC guide
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(31-12-2010, 10:54 PM)Drumm Wrote: But, surely you can teach, how too learn?

You are so close to a wealth of knowledge with only the last 3 words in your question.

Who teaches you if you know how to learn?

Hmmm?

Who gives you permission to exceed your perceived boundaries?

Who will always be there with you?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Flagfox for Firefox Mark 0 5,432 22-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Mark