• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing a new Windows Operating System (post 2001)
Edited the title so as not to "cause confusion". It works for nubs that know nothing about installing an operating system, if you don't like it go and write your own.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Quote:The implied existence of mastery was born of your perception however, but not necessarily the intended message.

What? "Power of Pack3t" <> mastery? As far as I can tell, from where I am sitting, in my perspective, my perception is always accurate. Also, My thoughts, opinions, and beliefs always seem to reflect reality near as I can tell. So, I am right all the time... until someone convinces me I'm wrong.
This block of text is a haven for prepositional phrases! Tis inundated in them!

Quote:Bad manners would be more accurate than a general judgment of incorrect.

Often times, I throw out probes as an added layer of communication. These probes are mostly in the form of movie quotes and prompt the mind I'm aiming at to respond. An appropriate quote that illustrates this and is aimed at many minds is, "One ping only!" Anyone who has seen that movie, will have a spark of recognition as seen on the face of Sammy Jankis. The reader perceives a connection to the writer.

My intentional misuse of the word 'incorrect' was a loose reference to an obscure movie where a man who demands to be referred to as Betty, is talking about the opinions of others. Take a gander at part of his discourse in the script:
Quote:Thank you.
I have been called "bad" before.

Many have said
I do things...
that are not correct to do.

I don't believe in
such talk as this.

I am nice man with happy feelings
all of the time !

First, a joke.
What do you get when you cross
an owl with a bungee cord?

Of course this probe failed, but I fired off 2 more this post and I have at least 3 shots left. Oh man! Am I off topic!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
(30-12-2010, 05:59 AM)latch Wrote:
Quote:The implied existence of mastery was born of your perception however, but not necessarily the intended message.

What? "Power of Pack3t" <> mastery? As far as I can tell, from where I am sitting, in my perspective, my perception is always accurate. Also, My thoughts, opinions, and beliefs always seem to reflect reality near as I can tell. So, I am right all the time... until someone convinces me I'm wrong.
I have always been taught that trusting the perspective of an individual who is not legally sane can sometimes cause you to lose a limb that is necessary for locomotion.
This block of text is a haven for prepositional phrases! Tis inundated in them!

Quote:Bad manners would be more accurate than a general judgment of incorrect.

Quote:My intentional misuse of the word 'incorrect' was a loose reference to an obscure movie where a man who demands to be referred to as Betty, is talking about the opinions of others. Take a gander at part of his discourse in the script:

Quote:Of course this probe failed, but I fired off 2 more this post and I have at least 3 shots left. Oh man! Am I off topic!
I like this quote "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. ”

BTW,
"How do I know which wallet is yours?"
"It's the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it"
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

@Meatloaf Why should I feel obligated to write a tutorial? I have put more time than you can even imagine behind a computer. It is not my responsibility to improve the next person's skill, nor is it possible. My technical mind runs on a level imperceivable to you. I am a fucking freak my friend. I would view writing a tutorial on that topic about the same as you would on giving one to fasten your velcro shoes. Why add a tutorial that is one of 10,00 and in the 5th percentile for usefulness? Nobody is going to start coming to you for any serious technical advice any time soon. I don't want to be a dick, but you need to understand the reality of the situation there.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
(31-12-2010, 05:05 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: My technical mind runs on a level imperceivable to you.

And my entrepreneureal mind is in a different spacial dimension to yours, I fail to see your point. The tutorial was not for you or someone with a mind whose technical prowess is so imperceivable, so I don't see how this applies, at all?

(31-12-2010, 05:05 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Nobody is going to start coming to you for any serious technical advice any time soon. I don't want to be a dick, but you need to understand the reality of the situation there.

And I suppose this is the reason I'm the IT guy at work?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(31-12-2010, 05:05 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: @Meatloaf Why should I feel obligated to write a tutorial? I have put more time than you can even imagine behind a computer. It is not my responsibility to improve the next person's skill, nor is it possible. My technical mind runs on a level imperceivable to you. I am a fucking freak my friend. I would view writing a tutorial on that topic about the same as you would on giving one to fasten your velcro shoes. Why add a tutorial that is one of 10,00 and in the 5th percentile for usefulness? Nobody is going to start coming to you for any serious technical advice any time soon. I don't want to be a dick, but you need to understand the reality of the situation there.

Pack3t, you do realise that a comma isn't required there in 1000. If you do feel the need to insert a comma however, it should be placed after the one.
Also, why must it be in the 5th percentile? I feel many could benefit from your teachings, including those in the 50th percentile, and perhaps maybe some in the 95th percentile. I somehow doubt that the exclusive knowledge you hold would only benefit those who could be classed as "noobs" or "script kiddies." Why is it you do not feel obligated to share your knowledge?
Sir Isaac Newton once said "Standing on the shoulders of giants" which as you may know, is about how he is not as smart as was made out, but he simply added to research that was already there. If somebody does not lay down the research for the next generation, we will never advance.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(31-12-2010, 04:42 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I like this quote "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. ”

BTW,
"How do I know which wallet is yours?"
"It's the one that says Bad Mother Fucker on it"

My brother doesn't like him or Nicolas Cage because they are the same character in every movie. He says they are the worst actors ever, but then again he also don't feel bad for native Americans, because they lost.

Quote:My technical mind runs on a level imperceivable to you.

I know exactly what you mean. Most people would have to learn for years to begin to understand how far ahead of them I am. In this case I don't feel like I am bragging to make my self look cool or smart, because it is fact of the matter and it does come at a cost. One quote of my own invention is 'I can only gauge the intelligences of those who are dumber than I'
Someone smarter than I am is something I can't perceive because I lack the tools to measure them.

Quote:I don't want to be a dick, but you need to understand the reality of the situation there.
I'm not asking or telling you to to lay off of him, but you are being mean. Saying he isn't on your level is not mean because you are smarter than nearly everyone you come in contact with so he shares that status with almost the whole planet- Not a dis.
But I disagree with the implication that his thread was not worth doing.

(31-12-2010, 05:52 AM)Drumm Wrote: Why is it you do not feel obligated to share your knowledge?
He didn't say that. He said:
Quote:It is not my responsibility to improve the next person's skill, nor is it possible.

He's putting the responsibility for self improvement on the learner. If you ever find yourself teaching anyone anything, you will see how pointless it feels when the person is giving a half assed attempt at absorbing your output.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
My questioning of why he did not feel obligated was more of a rhetorical one. Though, It is possible for him too attempt to improve the next persons skill, and if he had a good amount of respect for the the tech scene it is his responsibility as well. Yes, there is a point where self learning is the best, but for some things you cannot work all of it out by yourself without missing one detail. Try learning a programming language without a tutorial, or some kind of guide. If a person clicks on your tutorial too learn, they generally will be interested in the subject enough to want too do their best to understand.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!

(31-12-2010, 12:43 PM)Drumm Wrote: My questioning of why he did not feel obligated was more of a rhetorical one. Though, It is possible for him too attempt to improve the next persons skill, and if he had a good amount of respect for the the tech scene it is his responsibility as well. Yes, there is a point where self learning is the best, but for some things you cannot work all of it out by yourself without missing one detail. Try learning a programming language without a tutorial, or some kind of guide. If a person clicks on your tutorial too learn, they generally will be interested in the subject enough to want too do their best to understand.

That was a rhetorical answer.

And I'm not trying to be bombastic, but the process of choosing the right word brings images of cleft pallet children to mind..
I. AM. LATCH.

Yes, it's basic to me and you and we've all done it a thousand times but just think back to when you started - however many years ago.
I for one would like to thank SHARN for writing and publishing this tutorial, and I hope that there are more to come in the future.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Flagfox for Firefox Mark 0 5,483 22-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Last Post: Mark