• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up a simple PHP proxy
[TUT] How to set up a simple PHP proxy

This is a very quick run down on how to up a simple PHP proxy on a free site and a free webhost. This is a 2 minute job that can enable you to potentially bypass certain blocks in school or work.

If your IT department knows what they're doing, this may not work but most places are clueless so run wild!

Steps

1) I'm sure i made a thread about creating a free .co.cc domain but i can't find it. If you need a domain, just go to http://co.cc it's pretty straight forward.

2) Visit my other tutorial here, and find out how to host your domain for free. [TUT] How to host your website(s) for FREE [000webhost]

3) Get the necessary files here: http://markwood.co.cc/donotdelete/phproxy.zip there should be three files; index.inc.php, index.php and style.css

4) Simply extract, then upload those three file to your host. It'll look like this.

[Image: phproxy.png]

Note: This won't work for a few things, like SSL and some Javascript but it works for games and HTML.
Note: Using 000Webhost is NOT recommended, it's slow and rather quite tacky.
If you would like too block any potential firewalls put in place by work/school I recommend installing it to your home computer (See. XAMPP/LAMP) and using DynDNS or No-IP too log into it. This will provide much better speed & reliability by using your own "server" instead of a free one put in place by 000Webhost.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Setting up a home server for 3 files is probably too much hassle although you could go that route. If you want to set up a home server i'd host an SSL VPN like i used to - much more advanced and allows a lot more options including active directory and VNC.
You wouldn't need a dedicated Home server for this. Just use your home desktop. The Proxy solution allows everything to be done from the Web Browser (Something Most places allow) You may not have the option to connect to your VPN if the PCs are locked down that much.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!