• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm useless at this sort of thing - thinking of a name
Now that i've gained a few more qualifications as well as a lot more knowledge and a greater understanding of corporate IT systems i'm going to give my local business another try but this time i mean try.

In all seriousness, it took me a week to think of and decide on the name "mcompute", have you ever wondered what this site was before a forum? :quiet

I'm totally useless at thinking of names so far i've come up with a headache and the following:

technem.com
computingstart.com
computingstart.co.uk
computeme.com
localcomputing.net

I was wondering if anyone has any names they can throw into a pile or some general tips, ideas.

Thanks guys!
(24-12-2010, 02:44 AM)Mark Wrote: In all seriousness, it took me a week to think of and decide on the name "mcompute", have you ever wondered what this site was being a forum? :quiet

Is it Manchester Compute or Mark Compute?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
It's Manchester. Also, why not move mcompute too forum.mcompute.co.uk and run your local business on mcompute.co.uk, running the forum as support?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
That was how we originally ran it, but we figured the forum was more of a priority for our business plans at the time (and still is)

No, you can't know our business plans Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
It was "Manchester Compute", but i registered the domain with an m instead of manchester as i had a feeling that it wouldn't take off at that point in time.

I was also debating this. But moving the forum isn't something i'd really like to do as i feel it's a project on it's own and i don't really want to incorporate it into a local business or put it on a sub-domain.
GondorComputers. Just because I'm watching LOTR.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
I've decided to stick to my roots and registered manchestercompute.com
I just had an idea.. MCompute.com
Note: Imma be watching your progress on there.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
mcompute.com was registered in 2000! :what
Mark, Dom showed me your print design yesterday. You think you can post it again? I want to have a go at it to see if I can make one better than the current one

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News, sort of. bigsharn 2 10,148 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: bigsharn
  Thinking of installing.. Mark 9 20,339 29-04-2011, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Drumm