• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook and Malware, best buddys
Facebook and Malware, best buddys

Facebook. The perfect hunting ground for infecting noobs.

20%, that's 1 in 5 users are exposed to malware, malware that is contained in Facebook news feeds.

BitDefender, (where this info is from), have claimed that they have detected infections in 20% of the news feeds, this puts users at risk as they click through new posts and such. BitDefender received their figures by analysing data from 14,000 Facebook users that had installed a security app, called safego, it makes for the social network site. In the month that Safego has been launched it's analysed 17 million users.

The majority of infections were associated with apps written by independent developers, which promised enticements and rewards to trick users into installing the malware.

User sees a nice app, or a cheat to gain more farmvill cash and they're all game. They get infected, they become a number, just a number on a bot masters list.

[Image: facebook-and-malware.png]
Some people could be say noobs into that kind of things. They didn't know about it, because they are in the aspect of enjoyment using Facebook. This could be a issue to think about by those effected from it.
.. Most people who see FB Malware will be the only ones looking for a security app. So a better statistic would be 20% of Safego users have seen malware in their news feed.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
I got some random guy who "accepted" my friend request the other day. And as people know I'm very strict with who I accept and I rarely send invites to other people - let alone some Asian dude whose name I cannot pronounce. I don't play Facebook games or any of that crap either, pretty strange none the less.
(04-01-2011, 06:00 AM)Jaxton Wrote: Some people could be say noobs into that kind of things. They didn't know about it, because they are in the aspect of enjoyment using Facebook. This could be a issue to think about by those effected from it.

I'm having trouble. Is this English?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
I thought the same.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
It's German..or whatever language you can't read.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(04-01-2011, 06:00 AM)Jaxton Wrote: Some people could be say noobs into that kind of things. They didn't know about it, because they are in the aspect of enjoyment using Facebook. This could be a issue to think about by those effected from it.

The aspect is delectable. Do you fish with a keyboard or do you prefer to use your father's bra?
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
(05-01-2011, 02:27 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:

The aspect is delectable. Do you fish with a keyboard or do you prefer to use your father's bra?

All your base? Nuke a grapenut laden cat leavin. Chew rust!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The cost of malware removal Mark 1 6,333 18-11-2010, 02:00 AM
Last Post: T3hRogue