• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Face" could become a trademarked word.
"Face" could become a trademarked word.

First thing that springs in to mind? Apple! Unfortunately it's not Apple this time.

Facebook have been given a Notice of Allowance which is the first step towards them potentially being allowed to trademark its brand. Facebook have now been give three months to pay the necessary administration fee, before they can begin the procedure.

Facebook are trademarking it along the lines of use:

“Telecommunication services, namely, providing online chat rooms and electronic bulletin boards for transmission of messages among computer users in the field of general interest and concerning social and entertainment subject matter, none primarily featuring or relating to motoring or to cars,”

Which would mean if they're successful they are the only ones that can use the word "face" in that manner. This is according to the Notice of Allowance.

I think this is rather ridiculous, how people can even claim ownership of English words.

Here's the man himself, Mr. Mark Wood Zuckerberg

[Image: facebook-trademark-face.png]
You do know that the word face will only apply to communication, or a particular part of business?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
That's ridiculously limiting to other brand names in that line of work. I hope it fails
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
T3hRogue Wrote: I hope it fails

[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink 3 word game T3hRogue 108 172,786 23-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Drumm