• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
God
(18-11-2010, 02:08 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:
(17-11-2010, 09:31 PM)bigsharn Wrote:
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I can not fathom that the creator of the universe and/or multiverse(s) has any foreseeable human characteristics

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." - Genesis 1:27

Don't ask me how I knew this passage existed, I just did.

I am well aware of the the biblical verse, but as I said, organized religion, and its literature is pointless to me. You can't quote scripture to someone who believes scripture is useless. You might as well have taken a passage out of one of the Greek mythologies then to give me a biblical passage. I refuse to accept biblical verses as argument for philosophical reference. Someone who accepts the bible accepts what someone else has told them as blind fact. Good for you if you have the ability to believe in something for which you have zero proof, but that is not me.

So, are you trying to say that the bible is a lie?
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: I can not fathom that the creator of the universe and/or multiverse(s) has any foreseeable human characteristics

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." - Genesis 1:27

I am well aware of the the biblical verse, but as I said, organized religion, and its literature is pointless to me. You can't quote scripture to someone who believes scripture is useless. You might as well have taken a passage out of one of the Greek mythologies then to give me a biblical passage. I refuse to accept biblical verses as argument for philosophical reference. Someone who accepts the bible accepts what someone else has told them as blind fact. Good for you if you have the ability to believe in something for which you have zero proof, but that is not me.

Just in case.you haven't been following, this thread only exists because I said God doesn't exist and anyone who believes in him is insecure, so i don't believe in God, but seeing as this is a religious argument I'm backing up my opinion with biblical quotes
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(18-11-2010, 02:11 AM)Special Chris Wrote:

So, are you trying to say that the bible is a lie?

The Bible contradicts itself a lot, and also disagrees with science a fair bit. More-so if you take it literally
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: All I know is that I know nothing, but I believe in something.

This is an acceptable statement.

(18-11-2010, 02:08 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Good for you if you have the ability to believe in something for which you have zero proof, but that is not me.

This is not.

You are far too intelligent to make a comment like this. There are many things that exist that can't be proven and, in the above post, you stated you have already submitted to the belief there is something else beyond your human experience. And you are right, math seems to break down at the quantum levels and if the law conservation of angular momentum is still in place on the stellar level, we should not have galaxies spinning the wrong way.

(19-11-2010, 02:02 AM)T3hRogue Wrote: The Bible contradicts itself a lot, and also disagrees with science a fair bit. More-so if you take it literally

The Bible APPEARS to contradict itself. Stereo instructions appear to contradict themselves(one page says push the MODE button and then the PLAY button and another page says push the MODE and then the PLAY button- which is right?) until you take them as a whole and understand them.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
No, it pretty much contradicts itself.

Moses murders an Egyptian, completely against what the Bible is for. In fact, the Bible is mostly written by murderers and criminals
(19-11-2010, 07:37 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: No, it pretty much contradicts itself.

Moses murders an Egyptian, completely against what the Bible is for. In fact, the Bible is mostly written by murderers and criminals

After he murdered, he ran off and while in exile, He met God. Did he murder after that or was he changed?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
(19-11-2010, 02:59 AM)latch Wrote:
(17-11-2010, 06:59 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: All I know is that I know nothing, but I believe in something.

(18-11-2010, 02:08 AM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote: Good for you if you have the ability to believe in something for which you have zero proof, but that is not me.

This is not.

You are far too intelligent to make a comment like this. There are many things that exist that can't be proven and, in the above post, you stated you have already submitted to the belief there is something else beyond your human experience. And you are right, math seems to break down at the quantum levels and if the law conservation of angular momentum is still in place on the stellar level, we should not have galaxies spinning the wrong way.
Ahh, to have every sentence dissected, how good it is to have you around again latch. When I go back and look at the sentence it is indeed flawed. Perhaps I should rephrase my statement. Good for you if you have the ability to take a work of literature and 100% take it as verbatim fact, but I am not capable of the same. The true definition for the creator is merely something I assume to be beyond my comprehension, nothing more, nothing less. I am a pragmatic agnostic. I may be intelligent, but I am also susceptible to error due to the fact I am living "the human experience" and often times let the words roll off of my fingers before thoroughly thought out. This is more an error of myself living in the moment and reacting with emotion, then an error of my own personal philosophical views. I stick by my first statement as a true reflection of my inner system of beliefs, conflicted and contrived as they may be.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
(19-11-2010, 10:06 PM)Pack3t SynAck3r Wrote:
(19-11-2010, 02:59 AM)latch Wrote:

This is not.

Ahh, to have every sentence dissected, how good it is to have you around again latch. When I go back and look at the sentence it is indeed flawed. Perhaps I should rephrase my statement. Good for you if you have the ability to take a work of literature and 100% take it as verbatim fact, but I am not capable of the same. The true definition for the creator is merely something I assume to be beyond my comprehension, nothing more, nothing less. I am a pragmatic agnostic. I may be intelligent, but I am also susceptible to error due to the fact I am living "the human experience" and often times let the words roll off of my fingers before thoroughly thought out. This is more an error of myself living in the moment and reacting with emotion, then an error of my own personal philosophical views. I stick by my first statement as a true reflection of my inner system of beliefs, conflicted and contrived as they may be.

See? That's what I like about you- Intelligent and yet ready to receive correction sans angst. I think your error was actually caused by the conditioning of the indifference or ineptitude of those you interact with that fail to correct incongruities in your statements. I'm not one to ponce on every little thing, but when you say you believe in something, and then say you are not one to believe in something that cannot be proven, is inconsistent. And I doubt inconsistency is your nature. Someone who enjoys ASM is not flippant to the import of detail and is sensitive to subtle nuance and discrepancy lest debugging be impossible.

As you know, a computer will not let you get away with such an error.
I. AM. LATCH.
(19-11-2010, 08:14 PM)latch Wrote:
(19-11-2010, 07:37 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: No, it pretty much contradicts itself.

After he murdered, he ran off and while in exile, He met God. Did he murder after that or was he changed?

I'm pretty sure he went and messed up Egypt under the pretence of doing God's work. I noticed you ignored my second point
(20-11-2010, 02:45 AM)T3hRogue Wrote: I'm pretty sure he went and messed up Egypt under the pretence of doing God's work. I noticed you ignored my second point

It seems like those plagues we committed by God Himself and Moses just held the stick and did the talking. Incidentally, each plague was an affront to a specific Egyptian god.

As for the second point, the one is a little tougher to answer because I'm guessing you think you are a pretty good person and I certainly am not going to argue with you about it, but within every one of us is the nature of a murderer and criminal. Given the right circumstance, you would kill and most people only obey the law when people are looking. Do you have pirated software on your computer? This would make you a criminal and I sure you hate somebody. Hate is the seed the grows into murder.

My point? Everyone is a murderer and criminal in their heart. So saying most of people that wrote the Bible are murderers and criminals is like saying most of the people in a room will die. Redundant- a silly argument.
I. AM. LATCH.