• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
God
(25-11-2010, 08:49 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: Damaged and breaking down? Have you any proof? It's widely accepted that we are expanding.
According to God. Where did God tell you this? In the Bible? But there's so much of his life missing there.
You've missed the point, I'm not talking about Jesus. xD
I don't mean why does God allow suffering, I'll come to that later, I'm asking how could a God that designs humans in his image let a genetic fault such as CF be allowed. Even the most religious folk can get it, and they're closer to perfect. Is it right for God to punish his followers? If anything that's a turn off
You're saying in that argument that anything man made is flawed. Whilst that may be true, surely the Bible, written by Humans, is flawed too then? There is a contradiction here. God cannot directly influence Humans because he gave us free will, so therefore the Bible must be false, in some parts at minimum. If that is so then how can you believe in anything written there. Is your whole world now a lie?

I answered this already- entropy. And we are spreading out- this is in the Bible as well as the world being round and the springs in the oceans.
The short answer is yes it in the Bible. I have huge gaps in my knowledge and perception of you, but I can infer based on what I know about you and I have a very very strong persuasion or faith that you have never been to the moon.

If I am missing the point, then you are not communicating it properly. I can guess some of what you are thinking, but I can't be accurate guessing four thoughts for every one question you type.

CF and other mutations are caused by the first thing I mentioned in this post. Sin has damaged the universe and things fall apart- not together. This is why Cain married one of his sisters- during that time, the errors in the genetic code that were already starting to form had not been amplified enough to present a danger in breeding with close relatives. We are made in the image of God with scars and damage caused by sin. Religious folk are not close to perfect. The Bible says 'He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust' This is a metaphor and literal. Yup, if you're are all churchy, life still sucks at times.

You directly influence my life in that your questions prompt from me a response- though I have free will, I answer. Do you control me?

A gamer of your enthusiasm surely has played the game Lemmings. Those rodents just walk right off cliffs and into danger, but they can be guided though they are stupid, limited, flawed and don't understand what they are doing, to perfect solution. A good player actually uses the limitations of the Lemmings to his advantage. Who knows? Maybe the Lemmings perceive their actions as a result of their free will.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Quote:A Muslim? My best mate is Muslim, not Sunni (the Jihad one?)
I've read a bit of the Qu'ran in English, and it wasn't that impressive through mistranslations. I made said Muslim friend explain it to me, and personally I think Islam is 10x the religion Christianity is. It has little arguments that science disagrees with, if any.
Anywho, the Qu'ran is good, but only how you interpret it. Since it's rather metaphorical it can mess up my view, as I am a rather literal person.
I'm aware of Jesus being but a prophet in Islam, and nothing but one, and thus he is not pure like Allah. But doesn't Allah teach sanctity to all things, so surely even in case of rape abortion should not be allowed? Human life takes priority over everything, I'm led to believe, even the consumption of bacon.
Allah does teach sanctity of all things but if it isn't specifically mentioned in the Qu'ran, we can then go on to Hadiths by the Prophet and many times he'll have told us things that are permitted.
Well, I guess Jamie lost interest. I shall endeavor to be more engaging in the future! Hahahaha!

*If the laugh seems out of place, then it has not been interpreted correctly. Sadly, I cannot shed the light on everything. One must learn to think for themselves and take responsibility for all the time they allow the media to dull their wit through passivity. And I am reminded of the immortal words of Edgar who said, "Y'know, I've noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look, in fact. Nothing but undeveloped, barely conscious pond scum, totally convinced of their own superiority as they scurry about their short, pointless lives." Of course this is a misquote do to the fact that I strategically left out a word that refers to a fairy tale I do not subscribe to- but I'm sure you already knew that!(yet another movie reference to the spazmaster himself, Mr. Carey)
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Simply lost interest, or lost the war in the world of religion?
(12-12-2010, 09:24 PM)Mark Wrote: Simply lost interest, or lost the war in the world of religion?

I thought it would be incompetent to proclaim myself victor with my last post left unanswered. I have seen this sort of silent withdrawal before on hf, but I had to read my opponents subsequent unrelated posts to find out he really had relented.
I. AM. LATCH.