• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I WANT IT :'( (part 1)
Ok, now I'm going to try and install a regular feature again, so that we can attract some more members (and so I have something to do while my merchants travel between cities... you'll understand in a few days).

These are things I want but can't have, for various reasons, this week it's because I lack enough USB ports to manage it, starting with keyboards:

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/
Optimus Maximus keyboard
http://www.firebox.com/product/2691/Air-...rd?via=cat
Air keyboard

Ok, Why would you want either of these? Simple, for the e-peen Big Grin

Na, just kidding. The Optimus Maximus is a hell of an idea, and would be a perfect keyboard for gaming (swapping WASD for some arrow symbols), for photoshop and other multi-tool applications (hell a keyboard plus this loaded with Macro buttons would be amazing). Do you have any more uses for it?

The Air keyboard however would do as a "just incase" keyboard, I remember getting a laptop a while back and breaking a couple of the keys on the keyboard (Laptop + Jagerbombs doesn't mix), then having to carry around an el cheapo keyboard, which was awkward, looked silly and in honesty, uncomfortable to use, this would have been a lifesaver in that situation, and if you have a thin client computer and only a little desk this would also be perfect for that.

Also: If Firebox or Optimus are reading this, a test model to do a review would be nice Big Grin
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
The Optimus Maximus Keyboard does look pretty nice but.. (Specifications)

Quote:OS: Windows, Mac OS X

Mutters, damn Linux haters!
http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus-tactus/

That's nice, but this is MUCH nicer.

@Mark: I bet one of two of the following things are true;
1) There is an underground community developing drivers + software for Maximus
2) The keyboard works with Linux, but it does not support key customisation.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
That is nice, indeed, but Drumm's stole the show. My mate is gonna get one of these
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
While the concept is great, I'm sure the keyboard itself is rather tedious. If we developed a sort of software that allowed for a set 2 of shortcuts?

Like, let's say you've used up all of your shortcuts on an app from using your keyboard. Well let's make a software that has advanced capabilites that allows you to press a combination to switch to that keyboard shortcut list, so then you can use a second set of shortcuts. It would decrease the time needed switching apps, moving your mouse, etc. If you have multiple sets of keyboard shortcuts instead, you could dramatically increase productivity. Once you're on a roll, you're using your keyboard and whatnot, it breaks your flow having to take your hand off to move and click on a mouse.
I did actually mean using the Maximus as a second keyboard rather than a primary :p
As you do...
Bapho: The keyboard has sets specifically for certain applications (E.G You open Photoshop and it loads graphic related macros etc. ) Most gaming keyboards have options for switching between sets.

Maximus as SECONDARY? What is your primary :|?
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
Something comfortable, like a Razer BlackWidow Smile
As you do...
I'm just going to leave this bad boy here.

[Image: dell-keyboard.jpg]
Bad boy meaning standard keyboard ?
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994