• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Microsoft launch Internet Explorer 9 web browser (Beta)
Information 
Internet Explorer 9

Microsoft has released a beta, (or test), version of its latest web browser, Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). Internet explorer has been shipped with every version of Windows since 1998, winning by default as the end user's entry on to the world wide web.

IE has been the most widely used web browser since 1999 and still is although, since 2003 the company has seen a 97% lead in market share drop to a less respectable 60%. The release of IE9 is in hope to revive its self in an increasingly competitive market.

IE9 will be competing with new versions of other popular browsers such as Mozilla's Firefox and Google's Chrome. Google Chrome now commands more than 7.5% of the market, despite only being first released in December 2008 but this is nothing compared to the power that is Mozilla, which has recently launched a test version of Firefox 4, that now has nearly a quarter of the market and in some countries is the dominant web browser.

Quote:"Internet Explorer still dominates in market share, but they have been losing out for years to Firefox and more recently Chrome mainly because of where they were on the technology front."

The question now that they have a better browser technologically, is will they gain back some of that market share?

[Image: _49112300_browser_mkt_sh_464.gif]

To help them achieve this, Microsoft has adopted technology that allows the browser to tap directly into a computer's graphics chip, rather than just its processor. This "hardware acceleration" makes web pages more nimble and behave more like software running directly on the computer.

Quote:"We wanted to make sure we're using 100% of the PC to bring the best experience possible."

The new browser also supports forthcoming global web standards, such as HTML5. Browsers such as Firefox had already incorporated this and many other features a long time ago.

Quote:"There are a billion Windows customers and about 60% of their time is spent browsing the web. The websites and content that customers are browsing are very graphically rich."

Apparently, top sites and global brands showcased new sites and Web-based applications they have built to take advantage of the new capabilities IE9 offers. Some of these sites include Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and LinkedIn, Amazon and eBay.

Quote:"It moves the bar for the rest of the browser environment. Microsoft has been chasing Firefox for most of the last decade"

FAIL: Internet explorer 9's success will be held back drastically because the browser cannot be used with Windows XP which is still the dominant Microsoft operating system.

There's no official release date for the full, (finished) version, although it's rumoured to be at least 1 or 2 years in which time they'll have to GOTO 10 and start playing catch up again. The beta version of the browser is now available for download, in 33 different languages.

[Image: Internet-Explorer-9.jpg]
No XP could be about the dumbest thing they've done yet
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
You seem to be forgetting the words Windows ME
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Wow, just wow. Jamie, what the hell have you been smoking lately? Windows XP is the biggest used operating system in the WHOLE world to date. And it's epic sauce.
Jamie you must be high as a kite. Whilst admittedly it is missing most of the features we love in Windows7, its a solid OS. I use it for playing Starcraft, BG I & II etc. etc. It's very tasty epic sauce Mark Smile
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Only 2 operating systems I like so far is XP and Linux FTW!!
(20-09-2010, 06:36 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: No XP could be about the dumbest thing they've done yet

Ahem, "NO XP COULD BE..."

As in, by nt allowing it to be used with XP. How the bloody hell did you lot mistake it for "No, XP could be..."

Sharn, I'm appalled at you. You're meant to be could at English

*sigh*
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
He's meant to be could at English is he? Maybe it's your bad English, perhaps the phrase "No XP support could be..."
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
If only everyone was could at English. :rofl Anyway why's people bashing XP? We should be hating on IE9.
Maybe it is just me but IE9 seems a hell of a lot like Chrome. The theme, the framing, the new tab button showing your 10 most used websites etc... Even the menu buttons on the top right all have that "chrome-like" feel to it. Microsoft ripping off Google, lol. If you can't beat them, copy them and slap your name on it.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What web browser do you use? Mark 32 68,212 22-04-2013, 06:16 AM
Last Post: stealth
  Internet Explorer and Safari suck (Pwn2Own) Mark 1 6,263 12-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Last Post: T3hRogue