• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The pirate bay has been sunk, TPB down.. and out?
Police in up to 14 countries have carried out raids against locations suspected of housing file sharing servers or equipment, on the morning of September 7th 2010.

Several of the raids were carried out in Sweden, the Swedish Internet service provider that hosts both The Pirate Bay and whistle-blowing site WikiLeaks has denied rumours of a police raid, explaining that no computers or other goods have been seized although they've admitted that officers had visited them to ask questions over two suspect IP addresses.

PRQ director Mikael Viberg states: "At 9:00 this morning, five policemen were here, they were interested in who was using two IP addresses from 2009 and onwards. We have no records of our clients but we're handing over the e-mail addresses for those behind the IPs. However, it's rare that our clients have mail addresses that are traceable."

Simultaneous raids are also said to have taken place in The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Germany, Great Britain, the Czech Republic and Hungary.

The seemingly invulnerable site has been dragged through the courts more times than anyone cares to remember and amazingly has survived a number of attacks from copyright holders.

The big question still remains where will the authorities turn next once prosecution takes place. The Pirate Bay may yet survive this action, since the website is already back online. These raids were a part of targeting the so-called 'Warez Scene' and have been in planning for two years.
Noooo, not TBP!!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
They'll most probably be fine, after all their torrents are made with awesome sauce.
TPB lives on, and will continue to do so. Even if TPB goes down there will be another one to take it's place. TPB is like smoke, the harder they squeeze the faster it slips through "THE MAN's" fingers.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
That's old, I think it's wise you view: This
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Link fail, and on top of that you've got an even bigger problem; "You broke TorrentFreak!!!"
Pirate Bay goes down for at least a day every 2 or 3 months. It just keeps on popping back up. They are an icon for fighting against copyright bullshit and there are people all over the place that offer up their server if they go down. The only beef I have with TPB is that is has a lot of infected advert banners on their site. Most of them use zero day ie or firefox ActiveX exploits. Since I use Linux it bothers me little, but for the majority of people there have got to be quite a few nubs who don't have their computers up to date getting infected with RATs.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.