• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Apple at it once again, bricking jailbroken IPhones?
There are several articles on this topic that have come up in the past few days but since I haven't seen anyone touch on it here as of yet....

http://www.thevine.com.au/tech/news/appl...00824.aspx

:nono Apple, once again hell bent on making sure their technology can only be used in the fashion that is seen fit by Jobs errrr Apple has decided to patent a technology to detect jailbroken IPhones. There is a lot of blah blah coming from their home office trying to justify it, but the fact is the technology will allow them to brick a phone that is running unauthorized software/firmware. I personally think it is going to great things for sales......of Android phones. :thumbs I have 4 friends with IPhones, all are jailbroken (all their balls are busted constantly BTW, and for some reason their voicemail greeting keeps getting changed to "Yakety Saks") This move by Apple is quite an odd turn of events when you consider that the US government has deemed jailbreaking/rooting/modding your cellphone to be perfectly legal(if it is for educational purposes of course, and hey isn't it always?) as of July 27th. I only hope that Apples steel tight grip on all their closed software will chase away at least the technical savvy IPhone users that aren't pleased with the stock "IPhone experience." The countless sheep who do not jailbreak their phone won't know the difference anyway and so they will remain on board with the evil empire. That is until Apple does something to piss them off also.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. Nice spot
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
This is Apple for you. In a way i REALLY hate what they're doing, but if it means more people coming over to Android then yay and away from Apple and all their crappy products. Of course you get the dumb ass fan boys that need slapping.

Code:
"and for some reason their voicemail greeting keeps getting changed to "Yakety Saks" "

Wait, this still isn't fixed? Aha, nice work.
I seriously want to find some major exploit I can run from my phone to just break the guy sat next to me with his iPhone going "Apple are great" While I am sat there growling at him. Good article Smile Read about it a while ago like you mentioned, but been real caught up Playing BG + TotSC Working :tongue

EDIT: This patent only applies to the US doesn't it? Else I could see the reasoning.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(27-08-2010, 05:15 PM)Drumm Wrote: This patent only applies to the US doesn't it? Else I could see the reasoning.

Indeed, it is a US patent. However don't think that Apple can't convince carriers on the other side of the pond to run that technology. Think "Run it or your customers will have no access to the App Store."

Yeah, How long until people find a way to either
A) Block it with a JB piece of software
B) Send their own custom brick messages.

Would need to brick a few iPhones, and monitor for the incoming data for both. So it seems like a great idea to do B, shut the fucker up next to me with an iPhone. Confuseduperman
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(27-08-2010, 07:38 PM)Drumm Wrote: Yeah, How long until people find a way to either
A) Block it with a JB piece of software
B) Send their own custom brick messages.

Would need to brick a few iPhones, and monitor for the incoming data for both. So it seems like a great idea to do B, shut the fucker up next to me with an iPhone. Confuseduperman

If I was looking to take a shit on the IPhone asshole, I would look for this scenario: Asshole in area where there are is no wifi, yet there he is with his IPhone out and laptop(probably a MacBook) to boot. Is this jerk-face using his IPhone as a hotspot? Many ways to confirm or deny suspicion. Many things are possible if suspicion is confirmed. Then go and get creative, have fun.

Create a WiFi hotspot, that when someone says 'Hey, any WiFi here' it'll say 'Yeah, me. Connect.' he'll connect to it unknowingly if his WiFi's on them pwn him some how.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  iPads producing more traffic than iPhones Mark 4 11,312 13-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Mr. President