• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's ok to shoot everyone... just not brits
(26-08-2010, 12:16 AM)bigsharn Wrote: That wasn't the only reason, some 13 year old kid killed his friend with a screwdriver and a hammer after playing it as well as the plastic bag dude... THAT'S why it got banned in the UK :p

Ironically, the victim of that screwdriver murder was actually the owner of that copy of Manhunt. And instead of selling the Manhunt to pay of his drug debts he killed his mate to rob him. LOL
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
...Must have lived in Manchester
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Oh no, it wasn't nearly that bad. It's not like the kid used a stolen hubcap as a murder weapon Big Grin
(25-08-2010, 11:39 PM)The Wing Wrote: The truth is video games influence a lot of people actions. That's why you get these idiots that play shooting games or take the Manhunt game for example that got banned because some guy killed someone with a plastic bag after playing it.

Idiots and psychopaths are going to do stupid and disturbing shit whether or not they ever play a video game. Morons and those who are disturbed have been killing long before video games ever even existed, and will continue to do so whether or not they play any video games. Society as a whole finds comfort when blame can placed on something tangible like a video game or a violent movie or whatever. The truth is some people are just twisted. Many people just can't accept that and it gives them some form of inner peace to say "It was the video game that made him do it, if we ban that game it will stop other people from committing murder and I can sleep better in my bed at night" If those people wouldn't have played that game they would have eventually done something else equally terrible simply because they are sick and/or stupid bastards.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
And that is precisely what the judge of that Manhunt case said. More or less
If people are effected by video games why don't people from the 80's run around going "Gloop Gloop Gloop" and eating Money, Shiny Dots & Jelly? Just a point. This is pretty typical, can't say I'm hugely surprised. I think it's the sort of thing where, we kinda agree in one sense. I can see the reasoning behind wanting to ban it. But I just don't agree with it. People should be given freedom to pick whatever they want too.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
The actual quote is "If computer games had THAT much of an effect, kids would be running around darkened rooms, munching little magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"
As you do...
It's a quote? I decided to pick an awesome retro game. I had to decide between that and Space Invaders.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
There's a quote that comes from Space Invaders as well, but I can't remember that for the life of me
As you do...
I'll remember that one at one point