• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's ok to shoot everyone... just not brits
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100822/ttc...d36ba.html

This is just ridiculous, so it's ok the shoot the Russians and the Americans (COD MW2/Command and Conquer Red Alert), it's fine to shoot the Germans, French and Italians (basically every other COD game) and it's perfectly acceptable to invade practically every other country in the world (Battlefield games cover that aspect), but to fight against some British troops is completely unacceptable?

Get a grip you old fool, it's a game based on historical fact. The only reason a game hasn't been made using the original Gulf War and the Falkland Isles is because nothing actually happened. I know no shops with half an ounce of common sense will actually ban this but people making stupid statements like this pisses me off no end. Just out of interest does anyone agree? (Fair enough if you agree it should be banned, but why? There must be a reason for it)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Ban it. You know when some crazy Afghan inbred sees this he's going to go meet his bearded fellows and jump in the nearest plane and i don't fancy being the target.
Oh come on, it's simulated violence. If they can happily shoot pixels at pixels with a British flag then it stops them doing it in the real world. It's not like it teaches you how to make a bomb
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Perhaps they should make a game about the American Revolutionary War, or the war of 1812. The reload time on a musket is going to be a bitch, and the aiming reticule will be rather large due to inaccuracy of the antiquated weapons, of course. The carnage would certainly be fantastic if you got a kill shot. Getting hit with small cannon balls must have left one hell of a mess. Plus plenty of Brits got killed in both of those wars and they were fought on foreign soil, so you don't have to worry about retribution from Muslim extremists.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
I love this kid now. Smart and witty!
You don't happen to be really fat, do you? And 40?
(24-08-2010, 12:46 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: I love this kid now. Smart and witty!
You don't happen to be really fat, do you? And 40?
Wow twice now you have called me kid. Now I am fat and 40? Your argumentum ad hominem usage is a bit abusive. You know nothing of me except for what I type into these threads. It is delusional for you to assume anything about me, so quit trying. Weren't you the one crying about flaming? Such hypocrisy..........
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Woah, Where's the flaming come from? *cough*man period*cough*

Firstly, I didn't call you fat and 40, I asked. Secondly, the usage of kid was purely joking about, no harm intended. And a lot can be learned about someone's mentality by the way they write, thank you very much.

Also, this topic was blates a marketing ploy. Odds are EA faxed him a press release
The truth is video games influence a lot of people actions. That's why you get these idiots that play shooting games or take the Manhunt game for example that got banned because some guy killed someone with a plastic bag after playing it.
That wasn't the only reason, some 13 year old kid killed his friend with a screwdriver and a hammer after playing it as well as the plastic bag dude... THAT'S why it got banned in the UK :p
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Ah. Still it was an epic game - and the pig at the end with the chainsaw. That scared me. :unhappy