• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Quick Way To Delete Viruses/Trojans/Backdoors/etc.
Hey well this is my first TuT here so I will try my best to meet the standards! :grin

Now how I get rid of anything that is bad on a system is by first checking if there is anything found in my HijackThis Log Analyzer.

Installation: Install 2.0.4 or newer with the installer and executable. Then simply follow the steps. Everything is basically automatic but if you want to get specific then go ahead.

NOTE: If you do not know how to read the logs yourself then please find me or someone else who can (even though I'm not sure if anyone else here can.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now what I do after that ONLY IF I FOUND SOMETHING IN MY LOGS is I open up my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Installation: Download at MajorGeeks.com and click "Download Locations". Please note that you can simply start the download yourself if it does not show up. Follow its step by step instructions and your set unless your going to get specific again.

NOTE: Quick Scan usually is 25 - 45 minutes & Full Scan is usually 1 - 3 hours depending on your system/files on it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once a virus or whatever MBAM doesn't like is found simply check what it is and whether or not it is yours (idk if some people are BlackHats here sooo....) and if it isn't simply click "Quaranteen and Delete". If you then go to the Quaranteen section you can just click "Delete All".

NOTE: All of these programs are HackForums.net HJT Team approved! I'm not part of that team yet but I personally have read all their tutorials and usually should know what to do. Also, I use the free version so if you do too I would also keep your current firewall/antivirus/popup blocker running.

Thanks for reading! :thumbs
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= [email protected]
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
I generally reveal all hidden processes and look for alien processes in task manager, kill them from there and remove them for ever - depending on the severity of the virus. Otherwise PC Tools does everything for me
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
There is no one set way to remove a malware infection. Every piece of malware has different attributes, different methods of infection, and different keep alive mechanisms which at times will (especially the new generation of malware circulating)keep themselves completely obfuscated from all of the tools mentioned above. Running HJT and/or malwarebytes is often merely step one in analysis and removal. (Assuming you even have the ability to run these utilities as many infections will kill their associated process) Deep and severe infections require an extraordinary understanding of the operating system to even identify, removal is even more involved. Blind trust in a/v or malware removal software is not wise. Just because your scanner says you are clean it means nothing really. Thank you for your input as we are always looking for more people and are always all ears, however your methodology is flawed I am afraid and not particularly useful. We will at some point in the near future be looking for trainees, but not until volume dictates the necessity Disclaimer time: If you feel you are infected please post in the malware removal forum. Mark or I will be along to help you shortly following your post. Seeing as we are on opposite sides of the world one of us is generally awake and keeping an eye out.
Similar to my method, i've stickied a few threads that need a second opinion. :happy
(14-07-2010, 03:30 PM)Mark Wrote: Similar to my method, i've stickied a few threads that need a second opinion. :happy

Yea. I found those AFTER I posted this. I also got yelled at on another forum for helping someone when I wasn't HJT yet.
I'm totally not going to be accepted. :rofl
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= [email protected]
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
Once we get a few more people on here that have been infected by the masses we'll be looking in to more members. It's just when you get people *not you* that come, say oh remove that and then screw something up.