• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[MYBB] How to upload and install a theme on your forum
How to upload and install a theme on your forum

So you're on a quest to install your own MyBB forum, you've installed MyBB and want to jazz things up a bit with a different theme?

If you've not installed MyBB yet, read the tutorials on here.

I'm going to show you how to upload, install and use a new theme. If you're looking for themes there's a few on the MyBB website if you don't like them you can Google for some.

STEP 1

Once you've downloaded the theme, extract all of the files. I have a domain folder in my Website folder so that everything's organised.

STEP 2

Firstly, you need to upload the XML file through the admin CP on your forum. Log in to your Admin control panel, if you've not already. Go to the "Templates & Style tab" then "Import a theme". Make sure the "Local File" box is ticked, then click browse and upload the .XML file. Enter a desired name in the "New Name" box, then tick "Ignore Version Compatibility", "Import Stylesheets" and "Import templates" Finally, click Import Theme at the bottom.

STEP 3

Now that your theme's been uploaded you need to upload the actual files, you can do this via FTP. I recommend FileZilla. Enter your FTP details, navigate to "public_html" then upload the theme folder.

STEP 4

Now, back in the Admin CP under "Templates & Style" click the "Options of your theme and select "Set as Default".

That's it. If you're having any problems post below and i'll help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A few tips on how to secure a MyBB forum Mark 0 19,076 19-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Mark
  Large database table mybb_debuglogs MyBB forum Mark 0 9,682 30-09-2014, 03:05 PM
  [HOW TO] Ad placement above the fold on a MyBB Forum - Google Adsense Mark 0 11,870 27-05-2014, 03:24 PM
  How to add spoiler tags to your forum [MyBB 1.4 / 1.6 / 1.6.4] Mark 1 14,447 25-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Drumm
  How to export / backup a MyBB forum theme Mark 0 10,919 21-02-2011, 11:37 AM