• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't you just hate employers?
Well I went for a job interview today... Which turned into me doing some actual sales work (which is fair enough if they want to see how you work in the street)

I got on the street and they explained to me the entire things's 100% comissions based (Which has put me off in the first place) and we need to take £25 cash off people in the street to secure a deposit...

Now I'm not sure how the laws are in wherever you live but here in York, taking money off people in public is illegal unless you have rent of a private stall (which we don't)

The entire thing seems extremely dodgy to me and so I'm not keen to carry it on... but if I already have a job people are more likely to employ me (don't ask why, it's just how the human mind works) so I'm kind of torn between accepting the job and telling them where to shove it...

Anyway, onto my point; I for one am sick of people being dishonest in job adverts, or at least not telling the whole truth about a job... It should come under false advertising or something and this being an extremely dodgy-sounding job role makes it all the worse.
(Hell, if I wanted to trick people into paying an extortionate amount for something, I'd become an Avon lady)

So people of MCompute, what do you think I should do?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Kill them.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Killing them is an option, but... Actually, good idea!

If they're doing illegal stuff, report them - i hate the people that try and nag you in the street or give you leaflets. :nono
Become a Avon lady. Big Grin
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Hmm, an unfortunate conundrum to say the least. Dodgy jobs are simply not worth it. Especially jobs that are 100% commission based. Tell employers you are an independent contractor, and if you are looking for a job in the "computing arena" just make sure you have a portfolio. If worse comes to worse make up a job, leave your friend's phone number as your supervisor contact and roll with it. Most of the time a prospective employer isn't going to call the person you are currently working for, but better be safe than sorry.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYPD (New York) hate cyclists... bigsharn 7 17,308 15-06-2011, 02:03 AM
Last Post: Special Chris
  Reasons I hate Bobby Kotick (and you should too) bigsharn 10 24,008 26-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Last Post: bigsharn