• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show Us Your Setup!
...So why not just get an Xbox and put a new hard drive and Media Centre on there? That'll do for a HTPC unit, then stream from a server if you run out of space (or NAS it, either works)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
A) More Control. I LOVE having full control over my machine.
B) I need a SERIOUS Project. I am bored. I want a machine to set up and maintain. Get a whole system running.
C) The plan is to stream everything from a server in the end.
D) XBMC dropped support for the Xbox a while ago. So If I use a Linux machine, or something similar. I will be able to keep up to date.
E) Access to online media. As you know, I watch quite a few of the Rev3 Shows. XBMC has access to them. Tell me that ain't awesome :tongue.

That amongst many reasons. Smile
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
I think the cooler on my card went AWOL, and doesn't work very well but i don't game anyway. And for photoshop, i use it in a WIndows VM on my Ubuntu machine, as you mentioned GIMP is THE SUCK.
You Virtualise Photoshop? I could never do that. Too slow. I think I give my virtual machines about 12mb of video memory. I barely use them. BackTrack I use a lot. I had to drop my Netgear router a while a go. All I had lying around was a BTHomeHub (Yes, I know, Shoot me) So Ettercap comes in quite useful for blocking websites as BTHomeHub doesn't allow it.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
I do indeed, i'm not sure what the video memory is on them but they've got 2GB's RAM. I don't do heavy PS work.

Wait, Ettercap website blocking. Tut required. :grin
I never posted mine. o.o So, I guess I might aswell, since I've arranged shit around.
(Caution: Shit quality, cause I'm to lazy to go get my camera.)
As you can see I got my TV hooked up to my computer( thanks to my CAD teacher), I have my Xbox underneath my desk, and on the side you can barely see where my games, and Direct TV receiver that I barely use are. And my speakers are behind my monitor since I was using my desk space for cleaning my keyboard. And my cheap blue chair I got for $20, since I broke my super cool one that I had to use duct tape on.
[Image: 1z31glg.jpg]
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Is that a Jellyfish?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
It's white headphones.

I really do need a better pic.
@PerryThePerson

Twitter? U MAD
I see you've added scissors to your desk. Tongue
@PerryThePerson

Twitter? U MAD
I see you've taken the chair from your desk. Tongue
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...