• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up dual / triple monitors in Windows
How to set up dual monitors (Windows XP)

STEP ONE:

Plug your monitor into an avaliable slot on your graphics card with either a VGA or DVI cable.

STEP TWO:

Plug the 3 pin power cable into the back of the monitor and then the other end into an avaliable plug socket.

STEP THREE:

Turn the monitor on.

STEP FOUR:

Turn the computer on.

STEP FIVE:

Click 'start' in the bottom left corner of your screen, you will see the start menu similar to the picture below. When it comes up click 'Control Panel' as shown below.

[Image: spdxt2.jpg]

STEP SIX:

When the Control Panel appears click 'Appearance and Themes' as illustrated below.

[Image: s1jpnd.jpg]

STEP SEVEN:

Then click "Change the screen resolution".

[Image: 25gvuqh.jpg]

STEP EIGHT:

A box similar to this will appear, click on the square with the number 2 inside it and click the check box that says "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor".

Then simply click 'Apply' then 'OK'

[Image: 169nted.jpg]

I hope this has helped.
It has.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Is the 9-Screen setting rocking for you?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Aye!
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
This is a good how to thread, i don't have multiple monitors, but old Betsy needs replacing soon and i got all options on the table right now.
Motherboard, (with atleast two x16 slots), get a couple of 8400GS in there and you're good to go.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to dual boot Windows XP and Backtrack 3 Mark 6 15,976 13-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Mark
  [SOLVED!] Finally!! 3 working monitors under Ubuntu Mark 2 7,830 16-11-2010, 06:29 PM
  Cannot get 3 monitors to play nice [Ubuntu] Mark 11 24,865 13-11-2010, 05:33 PM