• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Install Joomla On Your Website
Question 
Here's a quick tutorial about how to install Joomla 1.5x on your website without all that fussing about.

STEP 1

First, download the latest version of Joomla from the Joomla website.
Right-click this link and click "Save As...". Then download Joomla to your chosen download destination.

STEP 2

Today, I'm going to use UnlimitedMB.com to upload an example.
Now usually, most webhosts have a built-in ZIP extractor. UnlimitedMB.com has this extractor and is really good, that is why I recommend that webhost Big Grin. Moving on, I go to the upload section on ULMB and browse for the Joomla.zip file. I select that and upload straight away. I've also remembered to tick the "Automatic ZIP Extract" box so that it extracts the ZIP file after it uploads.

[Image: 69l79y.png]

STEP 3

Once the upload has done, go to your website. But for my example site, I'm gonna use http://mcompute.ulmb.com/ to test the site.

This is the first page you should get when you open your website.

[Image: 34hw7qq.png]

STEP 4

Now I run you through the setup.

Stage 1 is the language selection. Choose your language you wish to choose.

Stage 2 is the installation check. This page checks your webhost to see if it's compatible to host Joomla. If anything that has an error on it, you might want to fix it. You can contact your webhost for assistance.

Stage 3 is the very long License page. It tells you everything you are allowed/disallowed to do with Joomla. No one usually reads the license and continues but it's best that you do read before proceeding.

Stage 4 is the MySQL database page, the best part! Please make sure you have a MySQL database setup BEFORE proceeding. Most webhosts give you the MySQL Database Info you need to make Joomla connect to it. This is what you see on this page:

Database Type - This is to make Joomla know what software the MySQL server uses. The default is mysql and it's usually that on most webhosts.
Host Name - This is the name of the MySQL server that your webhost names. It's usually mysql or localhost but check with your host as it may be different.
Username - Each MySQL database require a username for a secure login from Joomla. Check your MySQL info to see what your username is.
Password - Exactly the same as above, requires a password for a secure login. I recommend you use a difficult and different password so hackers cannot hack into your database.
Database Name - Most hosts use the database name the same as your username but some hosts have it differently. Check your database info to find the Database Name.

Click Next after that.

STEP 5

This page is the FTP configuration. You don't really need to do this part unless you know what to do.

STEP 6

The best part of the install, the Site Configuration page. This is where you can put a name for your website, like the Title. Then your website e-mail address (For like e-mailing your users.) and your admin password. It also has a Sample Data Install which installs a full Joomla site as an example but you can choose to leave it out by not pressing the Install button.

[Image: 34irer7.png]

Click Next after you're done.

STEP 7

That's it, you're done! All you have to do now is go to your website's file manager through the Control Panel on your webhost and just delete the "installation" folder. DON'T DELETE ANYTHING ELSE!

And there you go! Insert your web address in the Address Bar again and presto, your new and easy site loads up all fresh and ready to go!

Hope this tutorial helped. Smile If you would like some help, you may e-mail me at [email protected]. Replies may take up to 48 hours, depending on my weekly schedule. Please make sure you mention the problem on your e-mail so I can explain/assist your problem. Smile

~ Craig. :yay
If I Can't Fix It, It's F***ed!
Very nice step, by step guide. Something new to me as well.
I'm happy to use mcompute as a test URL ^_^

Joomla is easy to install Big Grin And easy to use.
Would you happen to be the CoC Craig? :o
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
He is Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
(04-07-2010, 10:06 AM)bigsharn Wrote: He is Smile

Big Grin! CRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGG!
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Yes, I'm still on COC =] But I'm keeping my username a secret!
(11-08-2010, 10:13 AM)chrisadam Wrote: Post Junked by The Wing.

*Sniff* *Sniff* Hmm, kinda smells like spam. Anybody else want to take a sniff?

@Craig :thumbs Good stuff man. Especially helpful because I just purchased my domain the other day and was looking to start building a site for my business.
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
Thanks, post Junked. Also what's your site? I fancy taking a look.
(15-06-2010, 01:00 AM)iMCRAiG Wrote: Here's a quick tutorial about how to install Joomla 1.5x on your website without all that fussing about.

STEP 1

First, download the latest version of Joomla from the Joomla website.
Right-click this link and click "Save As...". Then download Joomla to your chosen download destination.

STEP 2

Today, I'm going to use UnlimitedMB.com to upload an example.
Now usually, most webhosts have a built-in ZIP extractor. UnlimitedMB.com has this extractor and is really good, that is why I recommend that webhost Big Grin. Moving on, I go to the upload section on ULMB and browse for the Joomla.zip file. I select that and upload straight away. I've also remembered to tick the "Automatic ZIP Extract" box so that it extracts the ZIP file after it uploads.

[Image: 69l79y.png]

STEP 3

Once the upload has done, go to your website. But for my example site, I'm gonna use http://mcompute.ulmb.com/ to test the site.

This is the first page you should get when you open your website.

[Image: 34hw7qq.png]

STEP 4

Now I run you through the setup.

Stage 1 is the language selection. Choose your language you wish to choose.

Stage 2 is the installation check. This page checks your webhost to see if it's compatible to host Joomla. If anything that has an error on it, you might want to fix it. You can contact your webhost for assistance.

Stage 3 is the very long License page. It tells you everything you are allowed/disallowed to do with Joomla. No one usually reads the license and continues but it's best that you do read before proceeding.

Stage 4 is the MySQL database page, the best part! Please make sure you have a MySQL database setup BEFORE proceeding. Most webhosts give you the MySQL Database Info you need to make Joomla connect to it. This is what you see on this page:

Database Type - This is to make Joomla know what software the MySQL server uses. The default is mysql and it's usually that on most webhosts.
Host Name - This is the name of the MySQL server that your webhost names. It's usually mysql or localhost but check with your host as it may be different.
Username - Each MySQL database require a username for a secure login from Joomla. Check your MySQL info to see what your username is.
Password - Exactly the same as above, requires a password for a secure login. I recommend you use a difficult and different password so hackers cannot hack into your database.
Database Name - Most hosts use the database name the same as your username but some hosts have it differently. Check your database info to find the Database Name.

Click Next after that.

STEP 5

This page is the FTP configuration. You don't really need to do this part unless you know what to do.

STEP 6

The best part of the install, the Site Configuration page. This is where you can put a name for your website, like the Title. Then your website e-mail address (For like e-mailing your users.) and your admin password. It also has a Sample Data Install which installs a full Joomla site as an example but you can choose to leave it out by not pressing the Install button.

[Image: 34irer7.png]

Click Next after you're done.

STEP 7

That's it, you're done! All you have to do now is go to your website's file manager through the Control Panel on your webhost and just delete the "installation" folder. DON'T DELETE ANYTHING ELSE!

And there you go! Insert your web address in the Address Bar again and presto, your new and easy site loads up all fresh and ready to go!

Hope this tutorial helped. Smile If you would like some help, you may e-mail me at [email protected]. Replies may take up to 48 hours, depending on my weekly schedule. Please make sure you mention the problem on your e-mail so I can explain/assist your problem. Smile

~ Craig. :yay

Hi, thanks for providing us this useful steps. I am really looking for the detail description of installation process of joomla. I also want to know how to update latest version of joomla??