• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot Updater
Hello, I am pretty new here and I have been experimenting with Windows themes. I tried to change my boot animation but when I do, the program gives me an error that says...

"The winload.exe path in the BCD references an EFI file which is currently not supported."

I was wondering if this is possible to fix. If so, how can I do that? I have been searching on Google but everything there is confusing. I have attempted to change the boot animation and thought I had been successful but when I rebooted my machine I got a black screen instead of the animation I had created.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
(12-11-2012, 06:04 AM)CameronSchnoebelen Wrote: the program gives me an error

What program are you using? (do you have a link?)
What are you trying to achieve if you dont mind me asking?
(15-11-2012, 01:53 AM)Mark Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 06:04 AM)CameronSchnoebelen Wrote: the program gives me an error

What program are you using? (do you have a link?)

Windows 7 Boot Updater
http://windows-7-boot-updater.en.softonic.com/
I have been doing some research on this and It's a lot more Involved than I first thought.
The original boot animation file (activity.bmp) is a .bmp file made up of 105 frames which plays through for 7 seconds, 15 frames per second on boot up. Each frame is 200px x 200px

A thread from the Windows seven forum (here) shows you how to do it manually.

Everything else I have looked at has pointed me to (this) website where there is an application that will do all of the above for you. It's pretty well documented on his site with the How to Use section.

I booted a Windows 7 virtual machine and tried the program above with (this) animation.
In the program change the Animation dropdown from Default to Animation it'll then pop up asking you to select the folder where the new animation is, you can also change the Starting Windows and the Copyright writing there's a nifty preview window as well to see what it will look like.
Click Apply then reboot.

There are some good replacement animations (here) that you might want to use.
Some info from msdn's blog on how much thought they put in to the boot animation (here) (you don't need to read this but I thought It was interesting..)

I didn't try the program you linked but the above method works Smile
My guess for the error you got is that you were using an incorrect file.