OSX
4.35%
Other
8.70%
23 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What OS do you use?
What operating system do you use? If you use multiple name them and maybe what you use them for.

I personally use Linux, Ubuntu 95% of the time and if not i use Windows XP or Backtrack 4.

I use Ubuntu 10.04 for everyday use and Windows for Gaming / Microsoft word. I use backtrack for "hacking" and networking stuff.
XP and Vista (I'm poor and can't afford 7 yet)
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Windows XP and Vista. I have no computers of my own so I have to use netbook spec'd laptops from '01 and '06 respectively.
Windows 7. I did have ubuntu for dual boot for a while...but i accidentally wiped my hard drive. Sad Never installed ubuntu again...though i do like the speed of ubuntu! small memory footprint too. (which is mostly why it is so fast!) I pre-ordered Windows 7. got it for $50
(14-06-2010, 09:49 PM)bigsharn Wrote: XP and Vista (I'm poor and can't afford 7 yet)

called download off the internet activate through me? im smexy like that
I'm on XP Media but I have Ubuntu on a CD to mess around on
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
This is gonna sound ridiculous
But my home brew OS is to boot the computer optimise settings etc, and manage the choice of other OS's:
Stay in my homebrew OS [i rarely do that unless i'm hacking]
WIN XP OEM Edition 2002 SP2 [im not upgrading to sp3. period.]
Windows 7 [I use that occasionally mainly if I break my WIN XP or I have a semi serious Virus on my computer]
Ubuntu [tbh I don't use this as much as I should, but hey, I suppose if I wanted to do Hack not supported by my OS and I could be bothered to write a whole new bunch o' script , i'd use this :thumbs ]
OSX [Used only for novelty effect, and If i have a SERIOUS virus on my computer, Drumm knows what i mean ;D]
and there is one more but Ive never really used it, it just maintains my computer really....
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Why not upgrade to SP3? There are some serious exploits in XP's SP2.

Also for hacking, are you aware of Backtrack 4? It's a Debian based pentesting distro.
im not a blackhat any more mein freund, and also i hate backtrack ¬¬
and SP3 is the decrepit love child of bill gates and Vista. it will NOT be installed on my homed system, and im aware of my exploits in SP2 as i'm currently using them. XD
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Backtrack has it's uses - i used to use it for all my "hacking" but last month i replaced it with Ubuntu, now i just install the packages i want because i now use my netbook as an actual machine and not just a "hacktop".

I find it strange not to upgrade. lol