• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FlaTank
Finally, my first Android App its ready enough for a first release!

Download for Android.

Download the maze editor.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
Congratulations! How long did it take you to make?

Quote:Retro style FlaTank was inspired by tanks games of old with a focus on designing an opposing AI that keeps the player guessing.

So this is a maze game, in which you're a tank? Can you shoot through things / transport or anything like that?
(11-02-2012, 01:55 AM)Mark Wrote: Congratulations! How long did it take you to make?

Quote:Retro style FlaTank was inspired by tanks games of old with a focus on designing an opposing AI that keeps the player guessing.

So this is a maze game, in which you're a tank? Can you shoot through things / transport or anything like that?

I worked on it nearly every night a few hours for a month. The stone blocks take damage and after 2 shots you can drive through them.
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.
I remember playing a game like that on my gamebo classic back in the day Smile brings back memories.
If only this was an iOS app! I want to try it.
(13-02-2012, 03:42 PM)Mark Wrote: If only this was an iOS app! I want to try it.

Sorry, Mark! It's to cool for iPhone. That and I don't currently have an extra $100 to shell out to apple to register as a developer. Android Market and BlackBerry AppWorld are enough for now.
I. AM. LATCH.
*too cool.

It's buggy anyways. The sprites need transparency added.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
(18-02-2012, 04:58 PM)Drumm Wrote: *too cool.

It's buggy anyways. The sprites need transparency added.

You must be on an old version. BMPs were converted to png with alpha channel last week. View the comic strip I extract the sprites out of below and note the mcompute background color coming through. The ghost images starting at position 10 are used to mask out the dude before changing his position. The crater image can't have transparency lest the explosion never go away. Current version has 82 levels and a menu tied to the menu button for sound, music, and exit options.

[Image: strip.png]
I. AM. LATCH.
I'm using the Market version, Have you disabled the tanks running over each other?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
N, I like it when they do that, but FlaTank Prime has been released! Weeeeee!
I. AM. LATCH.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Overview / Review of FlaTank - A Free Android Tank Game Mark 7 18,207 19-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Last Post: latch