30v
44.44%
240v
11.11%
9 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
large EMP device
Well, im only posting 1 schem as 2 would give you the config to make the one i am currently buiding...
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Curses, no bomb for me. I'll go for the 12V one then so I can get rid off that annoying music they call "screamo"
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Help me understand exactly how any size EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) would kill you. My understanding of induction makes the human body not respond to such high frequencies. Just like if sound is too high of a frequency you don't hear it.... just like if light is too high of a frequency (IR) you don't see it.... just like if voltage is too high a frequency it passes right over you. Ive built a batch of Tesla Coils in my day and I was able to pass 1,500,000 volts through my body and light up a fluorescent light bulb with my finger tips.

Unless im wrong I don't believe an EMP would kill you. I am reminded of oceans 11 (remake) where the guy detonates an EMP the size of a van and he is standing about 5 feet away from it.

I do understand that you can generate massive amounts of electricity in a taped primary coil via nuclear fission in a controlled environment (bombard a critical mass of U235 with an extra neutron forming 236U which rapidly decays into 141Ba and 92Kr freeing up 3 neutrons causing the formation of neutrons in a cascading chain reaction [1 --> 3 --> 9 ---> 27 ---> 243 ---> 6561] until all the U235 is depleted) which can emit radiation that can of course kill you ... ... ... but I doubt that is what you are talking about because the uranium must be enriched so that it has a higher concentration of the isotope 235U. Most of the uranium that has been produced here on earth is of the 238U isotope. When this isotope is bombarded with neutrons the same cascading decay is not achieved. The point is that enriching uranium is way beyond our scope.
I think he means that it'll kill us by using something like 3 plug sockets and because we're wiring it the electricity could jump and kill us

That, or the idea that it could feck up pacemakers
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
The primary concern I have is one the it takes 1x10^-29 magnetons to stop the human heart. The larger the EMP the higher the risk (naturally)
And also due to the nature of the electricity involved a tesla effect could be observed where the solenoid charges the gas partiicles and jumps onto you.
I'll discuss this in length when I get to my computer and can fully read the extent of your reply.

------
Sent off my Blackberry
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
Can't wait to see it! :thumbs
Might make myself one.
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= [email protected]
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
in essence, the EMP consists of an electro magnet which is short circuited intentionally, [but this is merely the principle, in actually not short circuiting actually is involved].
(16-07-2010, 02:50 AM)LordSSB Wrote: Help me understand exactly how any size EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) would kill you. My understanding of induction makes the human body not respond to such high frequencies. Just like if sound is too high of a frequency you don't hear it.... just like if light is too high of a frequency (IR) you don't see it.... just like if voltage is too high a frequency it passes right over you. Ive built a batch of Tesla Coils in my day and I was able to pass 1,500,000 volts through my body and light up a fluorescent light bulb with my finger tips.

Unless im wrong I don't believe an EMP would kill you. I am reminded of oceans 11 (remake) where the guy detonates an EMP the size of a van and he is standing about 5 feet away from it.

I do understand that you can generate massive amounts of electricity in a taped primary coil via nuclear fission in a controlled environment (bombard a critical mass of U235 with an extra neutron forming 236U which rapidly decays into 141Ba and 92Kr freeing up 3 neutrons causing the formation of neutrons in a cascading chain reaction [1 --> 3 --> 9 ---> 27 ---> 243 ---> 6561] until all the U235 is depleted) which can emit radiation that can of course kill you ... ... ... but I doubt that is what you are talking about because the uranium must be enriched so that it has a higher concentration of the isotope 235U. Most of the uranium that has been produced here on earth is of the 238U isotope. When this isotope is bombarded with neutrons the same cascading decay is not achieved. The point is that enriching uranium is way beyond our scope.

I read about a dude, a few years ago, that would charge a bank of capacitors, then unleash all that power into coils for the purpose of shrinking quarters and pennys. The coil, of course, is destroyed, but the resultant field is so powerful, it crushes metal. Seemed like he was doing it in his house and he keeps not dying- oops here's a link.

What makes one think about doing something like this?
Having long hair is great until you have to pull a footlong out of the dog's butt. flatank.blogspot.com
I. AM. LATCH.