• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEWS: Public Sector Strike Wednesday 30th Nov
So, this Wednseday (30th Nov 2011) UNISON has planned a Nationwide strike of Public Sector staff. This is due to a 3% increase in pension pay-in which is being TAXED, this tax contribution, one would assume would contribute to said pension, however no it gets sent straight to the GB treasury to help pay the deficit.
Now, its all fine and good having a pension tax in aid of this country's deficit in a valiant attempt in rebooting the UK economy. However should Public Sector workers be forced to pay tax into an economy which appears to imminently be heading toward a crippling recession, maybe even a Depression!

What are your thoughts on this? As on Wednesday Teachers, Nurses, Public Transport operators are seen to be on strike. This approximately 33% of schools will close on wednesday - Public transport will be affected in northern England, Scotland and in Northern Ireland Public transport will cease completely. The army is on standby to assist with any major issues.

Is this Affecting you? What are your thoughts?
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
WOOO. NO SCHOOOLZ!
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
So they're getting a 3% increased pension which they're striking about?
They're getting a 3% increase in their pension fund per year, but they have to work an extra two years to earn it, which means they actually lose out on about £7k over those two years (which is up to 40% of their earnings), if my maths is right
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
Yup, my wording was unclear xD still, unless this old thread is to be discussed then I think it can be closed XD
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News, sort of. bigsharn 2 10,058 05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Last Post: bigsharn
  Some actual news? What the bitch? bigsharn 0 4,983 27-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Last Post: bigsharn
  NEWS: MEGA MONDAY!! WARLORDTF 0 3,864 28-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Last Post: WARLORDTF
  Manchester in the news again... bigsharn 33 56,740 02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Drumm
  Great, our names have gone out to the public bigsharn 4 11,976 28-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Last Post: T3hRogue