• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TuT]Chat with command promt[TuT]
Maybe , you've wondering , is it's possible to chat someone with Command promt? Yes it is

Firstly, open Notepad and enter:

Code:
@echo off:A Clsecho MESSENGER set /p n=User: set /p m=Message: net send %n% %m% PauseGoto

A Now save this as "Messenger.bat".Or whatever you like , then Open the .bat file and in Command Prompt you should see:

#######
MESSENGER
User:
#######
After "User" type the IP address of the computer you want to contact.
Example : User : 192.169.4.423
After that, you should see this:
Now type in the message you wish to send.
Before you press "Enter" it should look like this:

########
MESSENGER
User: 56.108.104.107
#######
Now you just need to press "Enter" and start chatting with your friend!
Which version of DOS is this based on?? As i followed the instructions verbatim copying "@echo off:A Clsecho MESSENGER set /p n=User: set /p m=Message: net send %n% %m% PauseGoto" and it produces an error. I'm aware net send has been around for some time yet im using MS-DOS 5.1.2600 on XP and that code just hasn't worked XD
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
Pretty sure net send is disabled by default and not much use.
Its not. I've used netsend within school to broadcast annoying popup boxes to every machine xD
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GMU/S d++ s+: a--- C++++$ !U- P L--- E-- W+++$ N- !o+ K- w++++>$ O--- !M-- !V+ PS+++ PE Y- PGP+ t+ 5++ X R+++ tv++ b++++ DI D++ G+++ e h+ r+ y++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free IM Chat Witihin Networked WIN XP Computers WARLORDTF 0 4,066 28-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Last Post: WARLORDTF