• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I really fancy a pint
It’s true, I do. But it’s not good for me so I can’t have it. Ok, maybe I’m taking the piss a bit, but have you seen the amount of health warnings knocking about? Cheese gives you cancer, wine helps reduce stress but it’s full of the evil anti-oxidants (but wait, weren’t they good for us a year ago?)

Ok, it’s quite obvious I’m taking the mick. Since when has the media actually given us a clear idea on what’s good for us or not? Granted if people read what they put, nobody would cycle, smoke, drink, eat salad or have the occasional kebab after a night out (oh, wait, you wouldn’t BE on a night out because drinking’s bad for you). Yet the amount of people that tell me that cycling’s bad for my health (apparently inhaling the exhaust fumes from cars is a bad idea) so why does the government promote it? Hell, York’s even been named as a cycling city.

On the other hand, things that are advertised as being healthy are sometimes worse for you when they’re a lot worse for you. For example, Vitamin Water has 13 grams of sugar per 100ml, whereas a can of Monster energy drink only has 11.6 grams per 100ml (wait, what?). So a can of “unhealthy” energy drink has less sugar (and less calories) than something advertised as a health drink. I admit I’m not the slimmest of people (and 18 months of drinking up to 8 litres of Limeade per week didn’t help) but as someone who’s now health-conscious it’s a major pain having to check every single drink you get, in case it’ll do more harm than good.

There’s been an article out on the effects on the lifestyles of pro gamers; each of which having the reaction times of fighter pilots but the fitness of an OAP. Again, I don’t know any gamers that I’d call unfit (myself included).

So, who’s buying me this pint?
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I thought York was named because of the Tractors. :p

Wait, so if i become a gamer. It'll improve my reactions?
WAIT A MINUTE! So.. Monster is healthier then Vitamin Water? :o Sweet.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
Correction: PC gamers have the fighter pilot reactions

And yes, the above is true. Monster Energy is healthier than certain brands of vitamin water
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Doesn't Monster energy drink contain cow guys? That's what i was told.
(10-06-2010, 06:22 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: Correction: PC gamers have the fighter pilot reactions

And yes, the above is true. Monster Energy is healthier than certain brands of vitamin water

Ermm, I'm a console gamer mainly, and I have amazing reactions..
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
(10-06-2010, 06:22 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: Correction: PC gamers have the fighter pilot reactions

I am a PC gamer...

(10-06-2010, 06:22 PM)T3hRogue Wrote: And yes, the above is true. Monster Energy is healthier than certain brands of vitamin water

The brand name Vitamin Water is owned by Coca Cola, which is the brand I'm on about

(10-06-2010, 06:59 PM)Mark Wrote: Doesn't Monster energy drink contain cow guys? That's what i was told.

Not Monster, Red Bull Smile
As you do...
Chris, same here, but if you look at the control consolers have compared to PC-ers there is a massive difference. PC users have even quicker reaction because their sensitivity settings can be further fine tuned. Not to mention the controls they use are different by a mile.

And what Sharn said
I think Chris is getting misxed up between Taurine (the bitter taste in Red Bull) and Ginseng
As you do...
Chris never said anything about taurine and ginseng...:/ Did he?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Facebook competitor, google fancy a challenge. Mark 1 5,454 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Last Post: T3hRogue