• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi
Well we in the UK are a bit of an innovative bunch aren't we? First we come up with the steam engine, then the Telephone (Alexander Graham Bell was actually Scottish, go look it up, seriously), and now this beauty.

It's called the Raspberry Pi, and it's a tiny powerhouse: providing 700MHz processor, 128Mb RAM, a HDMI out and a USB port. It's not going to play Crysis in a hurry but looking at the size (which is about the same as a USB thumb drive) we're not bothered. Mass storage is available thanks to an SD card reader embedded in the board.

Game developer David Braben came up with the idea to help those without computers in less fortunate countries... The cost to produce? £15 ($25). He's obviously a man after our own heart because it ships with Linux as standard (Unconfirmed as to the distro, but we're guessing it'll be Ubuntu). With mass produced models hopefully being shipped within the next 12 months we wish him all the luck in the world. Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
You stole the Crysis line from the article you read. Just got this on my RSS feeds. I wouldn't mind one of these, possibly one boosted with a little extra RAM, drop the HDMI out and interface over USB. For those who've read the Art of Intrusion, this would beat the foot computer eh? :tongue
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Actually I never even noticed the Crysis line, it was an original quip Smile
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
I do believe they stole the Crysis line off SHARN.

It looks pretty neat none the less.

[Image: ubuntu_on_rasp_pi.jpg]

Edit: but... if you think about it, isn't a phone a computer?
So..these are going to be sold for $25? I'm buying one then.
@PerryThePerson
Made a Twitter cause everyone bitch's on Facebook.

Twitter? U MAD
"The cost to produce" If sold on a consumer level it would be for profit. Perhaps the $25 would be what charities would pay for distributing in LEDC.
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!