• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CES: What did I miss?
Just a brief summary of what's happened at this year's CES in Las Vegas:

Tegra 2:
Nvidia and LG have teamed up to bring us the first Tegra 2 phone, the LG Optimus X2. With a dual core ARM processor, it's powered by Android (YAY!) And has hardware accelerated Flash, which is more than capable of running some of the more demanding flash games, meaning you can play any flash game (or website) on the internet. It also has a mini HDMI socket and is fully capable of supporting 1080p video.

Samsung SUR40
Samsung's idea of a touchscreen table, it's only 4" thick and 40" diameter (And the legs can be removed, making it easily wall-mountable). It uses a technique called pixelsense, so rather than having big bulky cameras sitting in the display (like previous Microsoft Surface efforts) this table, built on Microsoft Surface 2, detects lots of little pictures rather than one big one, so it can detect any sized objects (also meaning it's wall-mountable)

Razer Switchblade:
The Razer Switchblade is an ultra-portable gaming concept. It's dual screen, with the second being hidden under a transparent keyboard (meaning you can create your own buttons, like on the Optimus keyboards). It also runs on a dual core Atom, and we reckon will probably implement Tegra in the chipset but we're not sure, the engineers have kept VERY quiet about this one, especially seeing as it is just a concept (for now)

Razer Hydra:
Think Wii controller (including nunchucks), but for PC.
Actually, that's not fair, Razer has come out with a motion controller which it's named the Hydra. Rather than using infrared like the Playstation Move and the Wii controllers, it uses an Electromagnetic field, so rather than standing 10ft away from the monitor, you can stand a great deal closer (so it's more usable for PC gamers)

Corsair:
Corsair also came out with some new speakers, a mid and high end range (both 2.1), a new case (The 650D, which looks a lot like the 800D's baby sister) and the H60, which is a self-contained CPU watercooling kit. Oh, it's also started to use the same ARM based controller as Crucial for it's higher end SSDs, so Corsair is now capable of 6GBps SATA transfer
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
So basically, A load of stuff that will never really affect our lives majorly except for possibly 1 announcement- which was already announced last year at CES. Gets worse every year..
I must admit I liked the Wireless Car Charging, but you didn't mention that here. Suppose it wasn't cool enough?
[Image: nomnomnom.jpg]
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994
The decrypt code is V, I could not make it any simpler!
Not to do with computer hardware, it'll be in another update
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...
In that case, here is my 2 cents/1p which doesn't sound ANYWHERE near as cool.
The Tegra 2 chip opens a lot more doorways for Android. The chip itself is pretty amazing, but I do have a few worries about it
1) I know the Dual Core minimum requirement for Honeycomb isn't true, but if the Android dev team adopt a dual core device for development, Android is gonna work nicely with the nice speed it comes out with, and whilst I understand they will leave a margin for other devices. A lot of low end Android devices may never see Honeycomb because of this. A good example of this would be the HTC Wildfire.
2) In mobile phones, I have noticed that there hasn't been a huge increase on battery capacity especially as phones get more & more powerful. I am using a DesireHD (UK version of HTC Incredible) which comes with a 1230mAh battery. Whilst the G1 for those of you who remember ran at a much lower speed and should require a lot less battery. Used 1140mAh iirc, That doesn't seem like a huge jump to me. Android battery life isn't exactly amazing, which is commented on a lot. With faster chips coming, and battery jumps not keeping up, I do worry about battery life about future products.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994

Android 3.0
Honeycomb = Kick the shit out of IPad
[Image: icpn5k.jpg]
Trolls are the last thing you need to be concerned with.

VCD Wrote:// Forever more, count and reply, bitch.
That demo didn't satisfy my needs Sad It wasn't a full, proper demo. And it also says "Built Entirely for Tablets" Now I do not believe that it will be a Tablet only OS. Due to what Andy Rubin said (check my other post) about it being created for both Phones & Tablets, just finding a way for it to work smoothly on both. Google are asking for a load of shit their way playing that if you ask me.
;7$=v?%v%#5>v7v8994