• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Any young motorbike riders?
(28-02-2011, 06:54 PM)latch Wrote: I have to agree with meatloaf on this one. Even a few miles on a bicycle is nothing. I rode a bicycle for over a year and went all over town. Of course, I installed a pump so I could use the pedal as a crank to inflate other tires until I installed 'solid' foam tires to avoid flats.

A few miles? When I have a late start at work, I use an 18 mile (and bloody hilly) commute route to get there and I wouldn't even say I'm tired on arrival (breathless, maybe). Most folk with a decent level of fitness can do 8-10 miles on the flat without issue.

(28-02-2011, 06:54 PM)latch Wrote: Anyways, you can be mostly mobile for a mere $100 and with the advent of backpack technology, you can haul stuff and get buff with Arnold legs!

I wouldn't quite go that far, if you're getting a bike for a decent length commute (for example, Mark recently got a job offer 15 miles away) you need a decent bike, preferably with lights, a good lock, comfortable saddle and a warranty for if it goes wrong, this for example would be a perfect starter bike for him.
(It also has a pannier rack, so carrying stuff is easier if backpacks aren't an option)
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=36343

If you can't afford that, there will be plenty of places that do second hand bikes and supply a warranty, making it around the £150-200 mark.
[Image: Bulbasaur_by_bigsharn.jpg]
As you do...

Messages In This Thread
Any young motorbike riders? - by Mark - 28-02-2011, 05:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOOO! Justin Bieber buys a motorbike Mark 10 27,506 04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Mark