• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocked from college network for using uTorrent
(17-02-2011, 12:31 AM)Mark Wrote: How do you log onto the Wireless network? Is it a standard passphrase or do you authenticate with a RADIUS server and domain controller?
They're obviously noticing spikes in network activity and have pin pointed it on you, you could try limiting your down speed in uTorrent so that it almost looks like normal network traffic.

*VPN = Virtual private network.

The network is unsecured.
(17-02-2011, 02:51 AM)latch Wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't even mess with it. Just connect to another network- if there is a residential area anywhere near where you frequent, there will be oodles of wifi out there and some of them have to be WEP which is easy to crack. I live in a cul-de-sac and I see 9 networks and oddly today(silly me the adapter I was using to view them just then is too old to recognize wpa) all of them are WEP- I've cracked 2 of them.

Anyways, point is- aim for the path of least resistance. The admins can see every packet if they want to- no sense in trying to defy them if they've caught you twice already.

The problem with that is that my school is in a very rural area, and to get to another network I have to take a 10 minute shuttle ride into the nearest town, which is inconvenient.
(17-02-2011, 12:24 AM)Mr. President Wrote: I would say use a *virtual private network (vpn) to download your torrents and you should be fine, changing mac would be no goods because your still downloading the torrent to your school computer directly.

Some vpns are free well others cost money so you well have to search around a bit but there are lots out there.

Thats my two cents but wait for some of the more advanced members to post and see what they say.

*edited thanks my bad

How would I go about setting up a VPN?

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet another college torrenting problem xscxx 4 20,039 06-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Pack3t SynAck3r
  Bittorrent on Port-Blocked Network VoxAure 5 19,742 17-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Mark